Best Method On A Wall Like This?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i doubt its growing through it mate, just on it, jet wash and scrape it then render it

you need to dig the dirt out of the back and get a liner in or the hand grenade method .

unless you put a membrane behind the wall as church said theres no point doing the job as you will be back a year later repairing .

if that is a problem, fix a membrane to it with batterns and fix a calcium board to that.
big expense then.
wash it render it and off we go

has a nice long curve on it to so boards would be fun ha.. yea my other spread looked at the job i dint ask about the liner but its about 600 high by 20 meters long so a bi to do for a wall!

once its been cleaned paint liquid membrane on the front drill and plug eml. fill the holes with liquid membrane as you put the plugs in. dun this for mi mams neighbour 5 years ago . no probs as yet

wiganlad said:
once its been cleaned paint liquid membrane on the front drill and plug eml. fill the holes with liquid membrane as you put the plugs in. dun this for mi mams neighbour 5 years ago . no probs as yet

any more info on a liquid membrane?

ah nice 1 i may need 2 order some asap any local dealer or online company's selling this here?

oasis said:
ah nice 1 i may need 2 order some asap any local dealer or online company's selling this here?
just find out where the nearest sika dealer is, there has to be a few in the uk, sure you will track it down somewhere mate, or someone on here might know.

del said:
oasis said:
just find out where the nearest sika dealer is, there has to be a few in the uk, sure you will track it down somewhere mate, or someone on here might know.

basically get off ya ass and sort it ya self now! lol got ya

oasis said:
has a nice long curve on it to so boards would be fun ha.. yea my other spread looked at the job i dint ask about the liner but its about 600 high by 20 meters long so a bi to do for a wall!

What do you mean other spread, don't you mean the spread? ;)

dig a spit wide behind the wall all the way down put a 500g liner all the way along fill with pea shingle half way up and fill the rest with dirt. drill weep hole every 4 ft and insert weep pipes just longer than the thickness of the wall so it reaches the gravel, scrape, wash and render the front. Hand grenade sounds like a cheaper and quicker method though !

Status
Not open for further replies.