Best Masking Tape

Gazza61

Hi I am due to have my stairs and hallway plastered but I have oak stairs and doors and I don't want the plasterer to get any plaster on the oak wood. Can anyone suggest the best masking tape that would work and also not leave any residue on the wood after its removed once the plasterer has finished.

Kind Regards
Gazza61

Hi I am due to have my stairs and hallway plastered but I have oak stairs and doors and I don't want the plasterer to get any plaster on the oak wood. Can anyone suggest the best masking tape that would work and also not leave any residue on the wood after its removed once the plasterer has finished.

Kind Regards
Gazza61
Your plasterer should be able to answer that question.

On behalf of the large part of regulars on here:
You need the “masking tape forum” or
The “I don’t trust my plasterer forum”

Frog tape probably for you but don’t put it on yourself because a good trades person has their own way and you will do it wrong like as if you was going to paint the wall. Leave it to them and their style if you insist on it being used and make sure you buy enough

Last edited:
I use the blue stucco tape from plasterer's one stop shop... Its water proof, very sticky and clean removal for several weeks...

1605052078464.jpeg
I use this when doing airless plaster.

On behalf of the large part of regulars on here:
You need the “masking tape forum” or
The “I don’t trust my plasterer forum”

Frog tape probably for you but don’t put it on yourself because a good trades person has their own way and you will do it wrong like as if you was going to paint the wall. Leave it to them and their style if you insist on it being used and make sure you buy enough
Why would you give a client a hard time for wanting to make a spreads life easier by masking up ahead of them? I wish every client was like that.

Tesa tapes and drop cloths.
They have help line and app which will help you select products.

Drop cloths are plastic that will cling with static attached to tape at the top.