Best Hoover

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowen70

New as I am and just starting to buy in tools the latest thing is a decent hoover.

Now I'm given to understand plaster dust and masonry dust will just break Dysons which are expensive anyway. I've done a little googling and the suggestions run to the good old Henry Hoover.

But I thought I'd turn to (much) older and (a little) wiser heads on the forums :RpS_w00t:

I know this is a little bit like the best van thread, the temptation is just to say whichever one you currently have but I'm happy to listen to whatever you are currently using and not having problems with. Any help and advice gladly taken on this one folks.

Henry all the way mate! ( sucks like a dyson if you know what I mean) got to bang the filter out on occasion and bags are pretty cheap.

Got my Henry for £10. Lady selling said it cuts out after few mins. Unblocked the hose and he sucks all day long now!

I had the wickes one , rubbish, I asked tis question on here a few months ago and the general consensus was a Henry ,so I purchased a Henry and I must say everyone was right they're ideal for plasterers and builders alike,I even brought the Henry mop:RpS_laugh:

Yeah Henry's for me too numatic do make some big "builders" hoovers as such not sure on the models but they are pretty good had a few at work. Just like massive Henry's and have that bit more power can get the wet ones too but for keeping on the van and the cost the standard Henry's are spot on.

HENRY hoovers are great as they seem to last forever. I think the is a Charles, James and George also that are a bit more powerful for some more dollar . I went for a Hetty as she is Pink and sucks like a goodun:RpS_wub:

Sheet up properly and you will never need a Hoover. I don't carry one but on the very odd occasion I do need one I just use the clients.

Every plasterer i know has a hoover,other trades too... feck that, using the customers:RpS_thumbdn:

karcher wet and dry. ace. first became interested in hoovers when i was about twelve or thirteen.

Last edited:
in 15yrs never needed or used a hoover!!!!

staple tarp around skirts in room job done!!! overboots when walking through carpeted areas...

any small bits just sweep up with pan once tarp lifted....

other than that feck em where only builders not housewifes!!!!

Well I need a new hoover domestically anyway and I always like to give a quick hoover before I go on any job, not that there has been many, just leave place cleaner than I found it. And accidents happen :(

in 15yrs never needed or used a hoover!!!!

staple tarp around skirts in room job done!!! overboots when walking through carpeted areas...

any small bits just sweep up with pan once tarp lifted....

other than that feck em where only builders not housewifes!!!!
you sound like a serial killer :-0

Well I need a new hoover domestically anyway and I always like to give a quick hoover before I go on any job, not that there has been many, just leave place cleaner than I found it. And accidents happen :(

its clean tradesmen like you that give dirty bawstards like me a bad name!:rolleyes):RpS_crying::RpS_blushing:

Depends what you need it for, Henry hands down best Hoover for dust and general crap but Wickes is gd for the wet nd dry crap, handy tool too if you do a bit of plumbing

For now since I have 1000 other things to buy I might buy Wickes Wet and Dry for now and buy a Henry later.

Really appreciate the help folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.