Best hammer action drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

solway

Hi all,iv a job got with a a lot of insulated plasterboard fixing to concrete background. I have 2 bosch professional GBH2-23RE hammer action drills.They do the job for drilling holes for the mushroom fixings in your average extension/renovation but realistically they are not the most powerfull. Im wondering which drill would be most recommended for great power and fairly light to work with. I cant stand drilling a hole for 15-20 seconds. 5-7 seconds is enough.We need to be fairly moving it on this job........

I have a te 2 Hilti. Great for skirting and light work. Not man enough for loads of 8 mm fixings.

There's nothin it canny do. Managed to get mine for £200 brand new. Came with a load of extras too. Set of breaker chisels, drill bits, hole saws. Bargain!

we use the hilti te22. you need a good drill or they will just tear the drill bits out.

I have hilti te7 , which suppose to be the nuts, until one day I had to work shoulder by shoulder with another guy with Bosch . If I manage to do 3 holes he was doing 5. The model was 2000. I was shocked ,half the price and twice more effective . At the moment I have the 2-28 models and are border line with the 4 kg class . With 3.2j makes it the best in the 2kg class. Just for comparison the 4-32 has 4.2j and 100w more, but you can't handle it for long with one hand.

And don't forget if the bricks,blocks or whatever the back ground is, is wet, the performance is not the same. Hilti is good for fragile bricks and they don't vibrate as much as Bosch and way less noise too.For speed defo Bosch , but it has its price at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.