Best Courses...

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marky1981

Good afternoon folks,

After some advice on the best Plastering Course to undertake please! There seem to be quite a few out there, but i'm non the wiser on which to take up that will give me some good all round skills and value for money.

Currently working for the Police, but will be out the bubble at the end of the month to concentrate on learning the trade.

The courses I have come across are Gold Trowel, ICA, City and Guilds and AbleSkills. I feel the 5 day courses probably won't cover a great deal - so would probably opt for a 2/3 week course???

Not got any Plastering experience, but physically very fit, looking to get some general labouring work under my belt to start with.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

M

What you need to do, is check the training centre out physically, go visit before you invest. Living in the London area there are quite a few, what ever suits you go for it. See what the offer you especially at the end of the course. If a centre is top of the ratings in UK without sponsorship in my opinion they must be doing something right, it's about time served that gets them where they are. Not only that when you questions on these forums out there, it amazes me you doesn't know the basics of what goes where and on what backgrounds. Thats why I did my course where I said in my previous threads. my mate from the job did his NVQL2 with me via the centre I used and we were assessed by them via VERASSES. Say no more.

Avoid 'ableskills' like the plague - the courses are over enrolled and understaffed, they don't give two hoots how you develop in your chosen trade/course as long as they get their money!

Thanks for that advice Wilson - the 10 day gold Trowel Course looks pretty good at first glance in my opinion???? Also the City and Guilds could be an option.

I'm looking into doing the Gold Trowel Course but not sure which one to do there's the 1 week, 2 week & 3 week course. I might choose either the 2 week or 3 week course what do you guys think. Also do you know any other places near North London doing these courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.