best and quickest tool to flatten first coat of skim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some don't flatten it at all. There's loads out there like speedskims, ezespats, spats, all sorts of brands from nela to refina, options are endless

Speedskim is very popular as is the eze spat,I prefer the speedskim to flatten with(blue blade) however I haven't been using either at the min just a carbon and a s*p*r*lex.:)

What size speed skim is best and what are experiences with the spatulas . Not ones similar to speedskim but the hand held ones

Whatever retarder you can find.....
Speedskim too flatten
Trowel it up
Sflex
Homemade plastic
£££££££
Sun shines down it get sacked !!

shovel.jpe

comes with integrated handle (y)

Never been pulled so s*p*r*lex cant be that bad . All boils down to pressure . Shine a light down any wall directly down it and will show any inperfection regardless if your best plasterer in world. Whats the new speedskim sf for ?

Lets get this done once and for all ,shine a light down up across new plaster and it looks s**t because the light penetrates the layers of plaster just like paint !! Feel touch is a different thing !! Get me a plasterer and post pics when you shine a 500w light on it that its perfect ! Flattening first coat is a must to get rid of tiger stripes ,tram lines call them what you like ...

put it on tighter n flatter,just cross the overlap,works for me,my hawk is too small for a speedskim

Speedskim all the way for flattening first and second coat. The Finnish is so much better if it's done this way. That's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.