Best adhesive for coving?

Members online

Rockit76

Hi guys, I've struggled to get anybody to install coving in a 12x12 room.... (3 people ignored and one quoted £750 o_O) So I have the unfortunate task of trying to do it myself before the carpet is fitted.

We had the room skimmed a month ago, the walls have been painted with a matt paint, so my question is, what would be the best adhesive to use? I was told tile cement, but would like a few opinions.
Also, do I need to prep the walls before I try, and I do mean try!, to get this stuff up.... Keying the wall, wetting the wall, PVA etc

Thanks!

Hi guys, I've struggled to get anybody to install coving in a 12x12 room.... (3 people ignored and one quoted £750 o_O) So I have the unfortunate task of trying to do it myself before the carpet is fitted.

We had the room skimmed a month ago, the walls have been painted with a matt paint, so my question is, what would be the best adhesive to use? I was told tile cement, but would like a few opinions.
Also, do I need to prep the walls before I try, and I do mean try!, to get this stuff up.... Keying the wall, wetting the wall, PVA etc

Thanks!

Standard 12 x 12 room with gyprock coving?

Where you based?

Thanks!
Coving without experience is like open heart surgery after watching an episode of casualty, don't do it!

I use the b and q drywall as its whiter than dg... Just make sure you cut your lenghts before mixing at it goes off like a rocket... Bag says 60 mins... I say 30 mins max.......

I use the b and q drywall as its whiter than dg... Just make sure you cut your lenghts before mixing at it goes off like a rocket... Bag says 60 mins... I say 30 mins max.......
I use Daz as it gets your whites whiter than white but its s**t as an adhesive.

If it’s been painted then I use white no nails . I use blobs and pin with nails . Then caulk all the edges and wipe clean with sponge and water .

Gyproc cornice adesive .nice and white .goes off quick for corners . Put some nails or screws in as there heavy. I'd say don't do it yourself .if the members don't line up it will look crap,

I have always used Loctite PL 100 Drywall Construction Adhesive it'ss a premium-grade adhesive that's specifically formulated for all drywall applications. Did you try it??