Beginning of the end! ???

Members online

zombie

Private Member
So without sounding big headed I've always held my own regarding plastering.

Most spreads that have worked with me tbf have always considered me a grafter and if I'm honest have always been a little intimidated.

Presently at 41+ after 20 years + seem to be struggling massively with...

1) physical side of game
2) mentally being drained

What do I do?????

Most spreads that have worked with me tbf have always considered me a grafter and if I'm honest have always been a little intimidated.

1) physical side of game

What do I do?????

im 40 this year :(

1) physical side of game

What do I do?????

Do something else for minimum wage... then you may appreciate plastering agsin:)

1) physical side of game

What do I do?????
Better weather on its way maybe will help but it’s all about now you recognise these things you can find a solution

Booze ain’t good for no one ,
depressed, moody , motivationless , dangerous to be around,delusional, slow, and makes people old before there time.

1) physical side of game

What do I do?????
if your struggling at 41 get out now cause it dont get any easier then again man up you big pair of pants

Try cut your days down maybe up your prices .. my dads 54 i push him too far to be fair to the point of argument he burnt himself out 5 years ago needs to get out.
Hes part p registered waiting for his 18th addition then plan to go do the smaller easier jobs . Dont battle with the young guns for rewires.
I asked him about teaching at a college i think hed suit that roll perfect but he doesnt want too.
Anyway one thing he did say was speedskim and plastic trowels have honestly kept him in the game without it hed of given up now.
Hes got type two diabetes drinks every night diet still s**t but improved a little.
No intentions of doing excercise hes too tired.
Just nitpick your jobs work smarter not harder no trophy for doing your back in or anything else.

Good luck

1) physical side of game

What do I do?????

find someone to team up with mate.
days are easier with someone else sharing the load.
easier on the mind aswell (y)

If your as good as you say mate, which I don't doubt for a second, I'd up the prices for upcoming jobs around 20% for the next few weeks, and have a longer weekend, knocking Friday's and maybe even Mondays too, on the head, if your that bad.

Financially it won't be too different, and you should time to see things clearer that way.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1) physical side of game

What do I do?????
I'm 52 and am starting to feel the same way.
Loads more aches, pains and strains. Longer recovery times as well. I reckon two to three years more and that'll be me done.
I've got plans to build two or three properties as well. Then I think I'd like to get away from the building industry altogether.
One thing I would say is that I've got friends that have never set foot on a building site and they are in no better a physical shape than me, it's just age.
At 41 you're still easily young enough to take a change in direction if that's what you want.
Just slowing down or picking and choosing jobs is easier said than done in my experience.
Remember you only get one shot at this life so try to do less of what makes you unhappy and more of the things that bring joy to your life.

As already said mate, you need a break. Pretty cheap to go anywhere in the world now, you deserve it.
Good to chat about it too. Easy for blokes to bottle stuff up, add in the self employed factor and the stress can take its toll without realising it...that on its own can send a man to an early grave. The thing is, we're all in the same boat and all need a bit of support at times, even the turders amongst us :whistle:

1) physical side of game

What do I do?????
do you do contract work mate or private stuff

As already said mate, you need a break. Pretty cheap to go anywhere in the world now, you deserve it.
Good to chat about it too. Easy for blokes to bottle stuff up, add in the self employed factor and the stress can take its toll without realising it...that on its own can send a man to an early grave. The thing is, we're all in the same boat and all need a bit of support at times, even the turders amongst us :whistle:
Well said that man

1) physical side of game

What do I do?????

For starters, look after yourself. The days of being able to take the piss with diet and things are behind you now.

You become more sensitive to the bad things at just about this age, so try to cut them out. Eat good, sleep good and try not to drink too much.

It's not gonna save you if you just hate plastering, but at least you can think about it clearly.

1) physical side of game

What do I do?????

As @JessThePlasterer said, a change is as good as a rest. It doesn't have to be a big change, but it'll give you something to think about and a change to the load on you physically. Simple things like if you currently work right to left/top to bottom do the opposite. If you're right handed try to do more left handed. If most of your work involves boarding, try to persuade people to go with float and set. Basically any small changes that can make you think about what you're doing and change the muscle groups you use.

Obviously you could go for a big change. Sell up and migrate to the pacific islands, buy a glass bottomed boat and ferry tourists about for example. :descansando:

In the same boat I’m 42 been doing since 17
Speed is slowly going and it’s getting harder mentally and physically
I got a few people that work for me so not to bad
That’s why so intrested in airless plaster as it looks less demanding on the body

1) physical side of game

What do I do?????

No how you feel mate, but then I’m 56 years young. I gave up site work while ago which helped me and only do private work now, have a few mason mates who help out with larger work and help them when needed and I’m quite happy just to do 3 days a week now if I can get away with it lol. But if your feeling it now at 41, yes it might be worth looking at changing your working habits, give up weekends stop working stupid hours to chase every penny, don’t be to proud to ask for help on larger jobs. Work smarter not harder.....etc etc be positive.

I did this... dont want tv much at all now

Much of society would be better off, so much negativity and propaganda dragging everyone down and keeping the masses fighting with each other.

I propose 'nice news', a news channel that just broadcasts positive news from around the world.

good diet is a biggy I don't eat any processed foods or stuff containing high saturated fat which can make you sluggish

I don't either. Every time you look into it, some t**t has tinkered with almost everything to make it look 'better' or last longer or grow bigger so I live almost exclusively out of the butchers and the veg barrow opposite him, plus handy enough, there's a fish barrow next to the veg.

You can't avoid everything from the supermarket but 99% is pretty good.