Been talking to some yanks

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooner59

Private Member
And when they render - they call it mudding , they all seem to put wooden strips in there walls as screeds level and flush, then rule-off using them as a guide for there straight edges, it seems to work for them , i was always told to use cement screeds across the wall top and bottom then after they had firmed-up fill-in and use them to rule to, i don't of course i just lash it on then rule flat, how do you guys work ?

Bang on a coat,(scratch coat) check it,rule it,fill it,bead it,fill from the beads, then back in 4/5 days and bang on top coat,rule ,check flatten float

I see the batten method used in Rhodes (Greece) and in Barbados. looks bang flat when done. the Greeks then paint or mock stone but the Barbadian uses a mineral top coat then paint.

Buckets coat stuff doesn't seem to work over there something to do with their humidity. Looks good though.

Box screeds if I'm doing kitchen or bathroom, other rooms throw it on and rule off, same for external.

Buy a machine then start spraying and enjoy the ride because everything goes out the window!

And when they render - they call it mudding , they all seem to put wooden strips in there walls as screeds level and flush, then rule-off using them as a guide for there straight edges, it seems to work for them , i was always told to use cement screeds across the wall top and bottom then after they had firmed-up fill-in and use them to rule to, i don't of course i just lash it on then rule flat, how do you guys work ?

same somtimes use bits lath plumb um up wait till dry then in fill with level like box screeds longgggggg but looks good and looks like u no wat u doin lol jezzz i hate plastering
always wanted to be a security guard in a airport sighhh

How do you do box screeds??? has anybody got a video or diagram???

we normally use screws ont top one bottom with plug out to the sparkeys boxes adjust them till there lplumb and copy across um then in fill past the screw in the line wait a bit till sets a bit the put ur box rule on the screws move up and down til u feel both ends touching the screws then hold it get someone shave off the sides excess then carefully rule up and of

Status
Not open for further replies.