been offered a job today

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemp

Been offered a job today in a wearhouse can start friday if i want it dunno what to to with the way things are at mo giving serious thought to taking it :confused:

i know how you feel mate take the job if it dont suit you can always go back to what you know no harm done really ,my bro left me 3months ago to work on roads hes not looked back mate

Do you know what mate ive been sole trader now for around 10yrs first 5rs worked bloody hard and put my heart and sole and nearly lost my homelife grafting all hrs into getting up and running with hope that id reep the reward down the line.

But now with the climate being what it is and everyone fighting over bits of scraps of jobs and then expected to be greatfull and treat like something that you tread in once on jobs i think id certainly at least consider my options if i was able to keep my hand in to some extent and not loose all my contacts with a view to be able return full time when things eventually pick up etc.

Ive been saying for a while that plastering on a domestic set up is only worth doing as a part time spending money/ wage top up presently as you just cant fill your weeks and the moneys not good enough any more to cover non-working days through a week etc never mind to cover holidays etc.

Good luck mate what ever you decide fela.

Zombie

a change is as good as a rest as they say...........least you know your gettin paid week to week..month to month.......give it a go marra you'll always have the weekends if you miss the pink stuff too much...........:RpS_thumbup:

You will always have your trade behind you and as Arti said, change is as good as a rest. Theres plenty of good lads struggling up my way and pride dont pay the bills my friend.

i know how you feel mate take the job if it dont suit you can always go back to what you know no harm done really ,my bro left me 3months ago to work on roads hes not looked back mate

you should always look back while working on the roads!!! theres some dodgy drivers about

u trying to get rid of me hector lol
its true though if i took it i can still keep my hand in the game doin it on my days off etc
plus offer my expert knowledge to every1 lol

kemp,i think the fact that you are giving this serious consideration is enough to take the job,as you say you can still do plastering and keep in touch with everybody, but xmas is fast approaching and work is getting tighter ,even if you took the job and it did not work out for whatever reason,at least there is some money coming in at this time of year, and before owls and spunky jump in with both feet and call me a miserable git bless them, believe me if this year was bad for a lot of lads on this forum next year unfourtanetly is going to get much worse, i can not see any significant upturn for at least 2/3 years,let us know what you decide all best hector

all depends on how much money youve got, what your currently earning, what you will earn in the new job, how much money do you need to get by etc.

if you can make it work, and still be comfortable, and you think the job will at least equal what you do currently in terms of enjoyment/effort, then its worth a shot.

got to look at it as its peace of mind money wise and youll feel a lot better mentally and physically if its a possibility

It's very difficult to predict what's gonna happen. This time last year i was really struggling and it got progressively worse towards Santa claus time. This year however, is a huge improvement, ive had a very busy few months. Weekends and some late nights. It's very hard to call! If someone offered me a job and i was quiet, i'd jump at it.

kemp,i think the fact that you are giving this serious consideration is enough to take the job,as you say you can still do plastering and keep in touch with everybody, but xmas is fast approaching and work is getting tighter ,even if you took the job and it did not work out for whatever reason,at least there is some money coming in at this time of year, and before owls and spunky jump in with both feet and call me a miserable git bless them, believe me if this year was bad for a lot of lads on this forum next year unfourtanetly is going to get much worse, i can not see any significant upturn for at least 2/3 years,let us know what you decide all best hector

der der dader der dader der dader, where all doomed, doomed i tell you.

It's very difficult to predict what's gonna happen. This time last year i was really struggling and it got progressively worse towards Santa claus time. This year however, is a huge improvement, ive had a very busy few months. Weekends and some late nights. It's very hard to call! If someone offered me a job and i was quiet, i'd jump at it.

Thats cause your the hillside strangler casper not cos you've got loads of plastering on you god damn scottish psychopath.......:RpS_laugh:

I wouldn't blame you one bit for getting another job, work is crap for us also - we've been undercut on jobs by stupid amounts, don't know how some folks make it pay.

I'm looking into doing wedding photography (already done several) as it usually a Saturday and a nice little earner (plus I carry business cards around in case anyone needs some plastering doing).

I love plastering (especially rendering) but lately it isn't paying the bills.

I wouldn't blame you one bit for getting another job, work is crap for us also - we've been undercut on jobs by stupid amounts, don't know how some folks make it pay.

I'm looking into doing wedding photography (already done several) as it usually a Saturday and a nice little earner (plus I carry business cards around in case anyone needs some plastering doing).

I love plastering (especially rendering) but lately it isn't paying the bills.
i going to take job still do plastering on days off etc dont want to get out the game fully lol but gota little 1boys future to think about and xmas will be here soon lol
and i HATE rendering Rhys lol can do it just dont like doing it lol but love Tyroleaning though could do that all day long lol

You might just need a break pal, I'd take the job for the winter at least, then try to set up again while you doing the warehouse job.

Get a website, market yourself, work weekends and some evenings learn other aspects if you can and you might be able to drop back into it next summer.

Good luck whatever you choose, always welcome on here mate.

Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.