Beads

• Thread starter Deleted member 40920
  • Start date

Members online

Them minimesh beads are utter shite
I'd use them if they weren't so expensive , and they have an issue with their shape , one fold is bumped outwards , still use them for arches

Robbo get a box and give a honest review mate

I don't know about all the different manufacturers but if you take a look at the Catnic catalogue it shows two almost identical looking beads. One is set at 90° and is for skimming (drywall) and the other (can't remember the exact angle) is set to allow a 6mm coat (thin coat).
I'm not sure if they still do, but BG used to state that high quality work on plasterboard should be Bond and set. Hence 6mm beads.
Pete the BG beads are superb, but far too expensive even if being bought in decent quantities.

Never seen a bg one or stockist in my life
Me neither till I seen those ones in travis a guy who does all the new build sites in my town ordered them in because the plasterers were sick of all the other beads available

Crikey I'm always moaning about normal beads allowing too much thickness.
Actually that's what I noticed about the BG beads, they allowed a nice thin (2mm) coat.
I think their claim of 6mm is abit generous but they defo thicker than the norm...... But love them as alot of corners i bed onto are all over the place so give you scope to build out and still cover the wings.... I staple mini mesh for board.....