Beads for insulated render.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPlaster

Private Member
Which is best for insulated render, the mesh wing bead or would 6mm standard plastic be ok? It's a marmorit system.

with sm700 you will be ok with 6mm corner or even better a 4mm (4mm hard to find) be careful where you buy tho, if you get these beads labled 6-8mm o 6-10mm or whatever it will cost you the earth in basecoat filling out to depth make sure they are deffo 6mm and nothing more.

if you use the upvc then you will need to mesh right into the spine, reet tight. or stay on the safe side and just get mesh corner beads

Cheers, sm700 expensive so mesh it is, I was going to use base track from wemico with clip on pvc drip with mesh have you used them before? Advice is appreciated.

Until next time wozza :RpS_thumbup:

riding-off-into-the-sunset.jpg

you dont need the clip on mesh drips to go onto the base track, the front edge of the basetrack is perferted for the mud and has a hanging front lip so water drips off and will not track back.

money is king these days, the clip drip beads are good but why ?

they come in better on render onto board systems where a board edge cap profile protects the bottom of the render board and then the drip clip bead clips onto that giving you a decent work to line.

John last time I did it we just laid the insulation into the track and it had a little lip about 10mm holding it ii meshed over
Is that right or did I need a bell?

John last time I did it we just laid the insulation into the track and it had a little lip about 10mm holding it ii meshed over
Is that right or did I need a bell?

no what you done is perfectly ok mate. but everything you do spunk is ok by me

I cut the track so that they interlock underneath with a flange sort of thing. Good set of snips and save on the connectors.

Hmm the little refina is tempting....machine mart also do a good one for less, decisions decisions. Are you spraying thincoat mcbutt?

Not yet butt hoping to soon, I am pricing more of it and have just completed some very intensive training with marmorit but have yet to use their products so don't know about the lead time and delivery procedure, the training fella knew Blones and highly recommended his advice. I have an adhesive gun so will try my workshop compressor with the smallest nozzle, 10mm and hope for the best, don't know what bar to set the compressor at so trial and error I think. First job is 35m² man shed I'm constructing at present whilst work slack. I was thinking of a petrol compressor due to the amp draw on the generator powering ritmo and compressor.

Status
Not open for further replies.