BeadFix

Rossi46

Private Member
@tapit was decent enough to send me some samples of his BeadFix tape for me to give it a whirl. As I’ve said before I think there is a place for this but wanted to see what it’s like in your hands and how it holds on the wall.
81D2686C-DA50-4534-8143-ED9446A024B3.jpeg

I’d glued the walls and let the glue dry and the tape stuck really well. I cut the strips into 5 separate pieces which I thought were adequate.
The walls were pissed though and whereas a staple/nail feels easy to adjust the shape of the bead, the tape struggled. The odd adjustment when the level came out left the tape starting to lose its stickiness. It still did the job though.
It’s easy enough to use. Cuts well, no mess and pretty quick.

For the right price I’d use it on the odd awkward job. When I didn’t want to mix some gear to bed beads on a s&c job.
Other than that I’ll most definitely stick to my stapler and 5000 staples for about £10. 5000 fixings for £10!
Fair play to tapit for trying, got to respect someone for having the drive to try and get something to market and better themselves. It worked for Mr Speedskim.
I honestly reckon I could make some by drilling holes into a roll of £5 brick tape. But I wouldn’t bother. More hassle than it’s worth.

@tapit was decent enough to send me some samples of his BeadFix tape for me to give it a whirl. As I’ve said before I think there is a place for this but wanted to see what it’s like in your hands and how it holds on the wall.
View attachment 58374
I’d glued the walls and let the glue dry and the tape stuck really well. I cut the strips into 5 separate pieces which I thought were adequate.
The walls were pissed though and whereas a staple/nail feels easy to adjust the shape of the bead, the tape struggled. The odd adjustment when the level came out left the tape starting to lose its stickiness. It still did the job though.
It’s easy enough to use. Cuts well, no mess and pretty quick.

For the right price I’d use it on the odd awkward job. When I didn’t want to mix some gear to bed beads on a s&c job.
Other than that I’ll most definitely stick to my stapler and 5000 staples for about £10. 5000 fixings for £10!
Fair play to tapit for trying, got to respect someone for having the drive to try and get something to market and better themselves. It worked for Mr Speedskim.
I honestly reckon I could make some by drilling holes into a roll of £5 brick tape. But I wouldn’t bother. More hassle than it’s worth.
On thin coat beads i advise cutting tape into two pieces not three you tight wad. When plumbing a bead it would be best to secure one end first and position bead with pencil mark other end. You can then tape it no bother. Good first attempt though and thanks for giving it a go.
Looking again you have cut each piece into four! you may as well have used postage stamps. Do it again, and properly this time :fuckyou:

Last edited:
On thin coat beads i advise cutting tape into two pieces not three you tight wad. When plumbing a bead it would be best to secure one end first and position bead with pencil mark other end. You can then tape it no bother. Good first attempt though and thanks for giving it a go.
Looking again you have cut each piece into four! you may as well have used postage stamps. Do it again, and properly this time :fuckyou:
C’mon I was being realistic based on the price. I am tight yes because I’m trying to save as much money as I can. Them short beads had six pieces of tape a bead. 2 windows and 1 full length bead and I’d almost ran out of what you sent. That’s being tight too!

That window would have cost 48p, bargain. There is currently a national shortage of Beadfix tape but should be getting more this week.
You have took the time to try it so i respect your opinion mate.

Last edited:
That window would have cost 48p, bargain. There is currently a national shortage of Beadfix tape but should be getting more this week.
You have took the time to try it so i respect your opinion mate.
If I see it on a shelf in a merchants I’ll definitely grab some and see how it is in terms of cost and usage. Like I say it’s a handy thing to have in a tool box for certain jobs.

Will it work if corner out?

So am I the only one that can't abide any movement in a bead whatsoever, and use plenty of fixings to ensure this?
I honestly can't imagine only putting top middle and bottom fixings on a 1200 bead.
I must admit I’m the same as you, but I’m gonna give beadfix a trial , FairPlay to tapit ,hope it works out for him

So am I the only one that can't abide any movement in a bead whatsoever, and use plenty of fixings to ensure this?
I honestly can't imagine only putting top middle and bottom fixings on a 1200 bead.
I was using it as instructed by the manufacturer.

It complies with British Standards, but some like to go for belt and braces, same as putting extra screws in ceiling boards.

I've always like the idea of this product and although it may not be something I'd use every day ; it might be something I'd keep and use every once in a while

That's true, unlike staples which have points but are a useless way to fix beads.
That is the reason you need so many fixing points on your beads I guess.
I've been using staples on plasterboard since 95 without any issues. That includes insulated board and around Velux windows. Any problematic backgrounds and it's Sticks Like s**t Turbo, again no issues whatsoever. Cheap enough and readily available.
I like trying new ideas and methods and love a gadget. Always happy to spend a few quid on quality items that I think will either improve the quality of the work and/or make life easier. I won't be buying any of this tape, even if it were pennies.

You can tell the product isnt fit for purpose when you keep blabbing on about complies to british standard. No one cares. People want a cheap and easy way to fit a bead. This is neither. The fact that you say staples are useless shows you really havent got a clue. Most plasterers I know use a stapler these days. None have a problem or any come backs. And you STILL have never answered me regarding how it would be used. Like rossi says hes pva'd the walls and let them dry. So are we to pva. Let them dry. Go home. Come back next day bead then skim?

I've always like the idea of this product and although it may not be something I'd use every day ; it might be something I'd keep and use every once in a while
That's the main idea, get you out the s**t now and again. Cost wise it can't compare to staples but with economy of scale it could be made for pennies.

That's the main idea, get you out the s**t now and again. Cost wise it can't compare to staples but with economy of scale it could be made for pennies.
But this Is the only tape that complies with british standard. Surely it should be used all the time? All other methods stress the bead.

I've been using staples on plasterboard since 95 without any issues. That includes insulated board and around Velux windows. Any problematic backgrounds and it's Sticks Like s**t Turbo, again no issues whatsoever. Cheap enough and readily available.
I like trying new ideas and methods and love a gadget. Always happy to spend a few quid on quality items that I think will either improve the quality of the work and/or make life easier. I won't be buying any of this tape, even if it were pennies.
It would never work for you if you did try it Andy. I have the same aversion to certain things, ironing is one, tried it once but couldn't get on with it.

You can tell the product isnt fit for purpose when you keep blabbing on about complies to british standard. No one cares. People want a cheap and easy way to fit a bead. This is neither. The fact that you say staples are useless shows you really havent got a clue. Most plasterers I know use a stapler these days. None have a problem or any come backs. And you STILL have never answered me regarding how it would be used. Like rossi says hes pva'd the walls and let them dry. So are we to pva. Let them dry. Go home. Come back next day bead then skim?
It's just sticky tape mate, most of the hundreds of people who have used it worked it out on their own.
I do however put a little guide in every pack.

It would never work for you if you did try it Andy. I have the same aversion to certain things, ironing is one, tried it once but couldn't get on with it.
If I absolutely had to use it then I would make it work for me. Thankfully that situation will never occur.
Just as a footnote, Sticks Like s**t will stay fresh and useable out of the original nozzle for well over a month after opening as long as the screw cap is in place, and yet still be set firm within minutes when used.

If I absolutely had to use it then I would make it work for me. Thankfully that situation will never occur.
Just as a footnote, Sticks Like s**t will stay fresh and useable out of the original nozzle for well over a month after opening as long as the screw cap is in place, and yet still be set firm within minutes when used.
I know i use it a lot good stuff, shame you have to wait ten mins for bead to go off.

Knock it off, FFS.

The outrageous claims you've been making, recently aren't winning you any friends or customers. They just look like B$.
Get f**k*d, who asked you to point your hooter this way? look the other f**k**g way if you don't like the thread.

Oh, really? Who asked you to endlessly promote your tape on here?

Are you a sponsor?

I'm amazed Danny puts up with it.
The beadtape was on the forum well before you mate. Danny puts up with it because he is smart.
you weasley slimey grass.

The beadtape was on the forum well before you mate. Danny puts up with it because he is smart.
you weasley slimey grass.

Personal insults because I legitimately called you out for claiming "hundreds" of people have used your tape?

I've never given you a hard time about your tape, even whilst many others have. In some ways, I admire your initiative.

However, your claims have been getting a bit Billy big b*ll***s, just recently, so I make no apologies for calling a spade a spade.