Bead on top of existing bead?

rough

Hello all and thanks again for those that take the time to answer amateurs like me.

So there is an external 90 corner with beading already in place and has been skimmed over already a long time ago. One of the walls is in good nick but the other isn't.

I want to skim just one of the walls. Should I put a stop beading over the edge and skim up to that but then wouldn't 3mm of aluminium show through on the second wall? Or should I try to skim up with the existing old angle bead and feather the plaster at the edge?

I hope that makes sense its hard to explain.

Check the wall to be skimmed with a straight edge , you may find the bead is a high point and its possible to scrape some existing plaster back off the bead

Hello all and thanks again for those that take the time to answer amateurs like me.

So there is an external 90 corner with beading already in place and has been skimmed over already a long time ago. One of the walls is in good nick but the other isn't.

I want to skim just one of the walls. Should I put a stop beading over the edge and skim up to that but then wouldn't 3mm of aluminium show through on the second wall? Or should I try to skim up with the existing old angle bead and feather the plaster at the edge?

I hope that makes sense its hard to explain.

If the edge is decent just skim up to the edge feathered into and cleaned down.