BAUWER RENDER SYSTEM JOB.

Jgreenplastering

Private Member
So I've got my first job using Bauwer to do in the summer.

Going for 50mm ish of Light.
5-10mm of Finish
Then Arenenio sprayed or sponged.

I've spoke with Alexander who's gave me some good advice in general but are there any members who've used it before and have some tips on what/what not to do?

It's 45m2 front elevation cottage over old stone.

Hacking off the old Render and will be doing it by the book to make sure it's not coming back off!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wash the walls. Morning of key coat soak the walls about 2 hours b4 key coat. Then wet the walls again with water then spray key coat. Next day set up screed guides makes it a lot easier to rule straight and know what depth u are getting on. Pull off screed guides fill in with bauwer light. When Bauwer Light is dry will take a few days. Wet the Bauwer Light with plenty of water. Put on 1 to 2mm of Bauwer Finish put mesh in then top it with 1mm of Bauwer Finish. A few days later mix Arenino put it on 2mm use sponge float to finish it.

DSC_0167.JPG
DSC_0165.JPG

Got this one to do in lime. Thinking it's gonna be s**t loads of dubbing out once it's hacked off. Was gonna try parlumiere but Bauwer Light might be the way forward

Wash the walls. Morning of key coat soak the walls about 2 hours b4 key coat. Then wet the walls again with water then spray key coat. Next day set up screed guides makes it a lot easier to rule straight and know what depth u are getting on. Pull off screed guides fill in with bauwer light. When Bauwer Light is dry will take a few days. Wet the Bauwer Light with plenty of water. Put on 1 to 2mm of Bauwer Finish put mesh in then top it with 1mm of Bauwer Finish. A few days later mix Arenino put it on 2mm use sponge float to finish it.

Is that the 'by the book' answer or that the 'tradesman' way Clemo?

Sounds like when your taught how to rule at college?
Are the screeds really necessary?

Was hoping to spray with the ritmo mo but is this not possible?

you need a different mixing shaft for the bauwer light

Les was trying to develop a mixing shaft for the Lite. It would be good if it is sprayable, 50mm will go on easy in two passes wet on wet.

That's by the book. And the way I did the last job. The screeds make it a lot easier to rule. I've did it without screeds and found it can tear if you rule it late and it sticks to the rule. But it's easy to rule around the wall it's that light. But it can pull in quick. I find if you are putting on 25mm in a pass and rule it and go over with a 2ad pass and rule again it's more work than setting up screeds to be honest. Plus ruling 25mm to 50mm is harder to get straight. But each to their own. Don't need the screeds but I'd recommend them. As u can spray your 25mm and not rule it then go back over the bands with the 2nd pass and rule off the screeds so you no u have 50mm on. far less ruling then just take the screeds off and fill them in same day.

Starting to come round. Didn't go drinking today :(. The rist is still f**k*d tho. But will be on the trowel next week for a day or two see how that goes (y)

hahaha hangover are a bitch when you get to your age (so I hear) How did you hurt your wrist?Was it pushing your new Diesel pump?

So I've got my first job using Bauwer to do in the summer.

Going for 50mm ish of Light.
5-10mm of Finish
Then Arenenio sprayed or sponged.

I've spoke with Alexander who's gave me some good advice in general but are there any members who've used it before and have some tips on what/what not to do?

It's 45m2 front elevation cottage over old stone.

Hacking off the old Render and will be doing it by the book to make sure it's not coming back off!

Cheers

Sounds like a nice job bud...you fully booked for summer?

No Arti just putting length of laths down the wall to the depth I want level them. Lash the Bauwer Light on rule off them. Pull the laths off fill in. That's it.(y)
Roger that. Did Alexander the meerkat sort you a spec?