Bauwer Light and finish opinions?

OwenG

ok pro’s what’s your opinions on this product?

I’m renovating my solid brick property at the moment and have lime rendered outside, I was looking at lime inside but I’ve come accross this product.

Has anyone used it?

I hoping someone without lime experience has used it and can give me a opinion as my cousin is a great plasterer for standard roughing out and skimming with multi but he’s reluctant to use lime because of his lack of experience.

vfr12

MOTORC*NT
Bauwer light has nothing to do with lime, even the technic of applying is different . Very light material and in some ways better than traditional Lime plastering. I won’t go in details, but I will suggest you get someone with good render experience because for me is leaning that way , rather than plastering. As for the GB1- treat it as skim and be ready to adjust your approach.With few words , your cousin can crack on , but it might cost you.

superspread

ok pro’s what’s your opinions on this product?

I’m renovating my solid brick property at the moment and have lime rendered outside, I was looking at lime inside but I’ve come accross this product.

Has anyone used it?

I hoping someone without lime experience has used it and can give me a opinion as my cousin is a great plasterer for standard roughing out and skimming with multi but he’s reluctant to use lime because of his lack of experience.
Just done my 1st Bauwer job , and with the advice of @vfr12 over the phone (thank you) completed I think quite successfully, but it is a long winded system

Last edited:

Vincey

Private Member
Just done my 1st Bauwer job , and with the advice of @vfr12 over the phone (thank you) completed I think quite successfully, but it is a long winded
What was you doing at the job ?
I’ve quoted 2 jobs up and have another just come in , still not done my first complete proper job with it but am familiar with the gb1 which I liked tbf

OwenG

Bit more complicated than I first thought then, I was hoping it would have been an easier product than lime