Bauwer Light and finish opinions?

Members online

OwenG

ok pro’s what’s your opinions on this product?

I’m renovating my solid brick property at the moment and have lime rendered outside, I was looking at lime inside but I’ve come accross this product.

Has anyone used it?

I hoping someone without lime experience has used it and can give me a opinion as my cousin is a great plasterer for standard roughing out and skimming with multi but he’s reluctant to use lime because of his lack of experience.

Bauwer light has nothing to do with lime, even the technic of applying is different . Very light material and in some ways better than traditional Lime plastering. I won’t go in details, but I will suggest you get someone with good render experience because for me is leaning that way , rather than plastering. As for the GB1- treat it as skim and be ready to adjust your approach.With few words , your cousin can crack on , but it might cost you.

ok pro’s what’s your opinions on this product?

I’m renovating my solid brick property at the moment and have lime rendered outside, I was looking at lime inside but I’ve come accross this product.

Has anyone used it?

I hoping someone without lime experience has used it and can give me a opinion as my cousin is a great plasterer for standard roughing out and skimming with multi but he’s reluctant to use lime because of his lack of experience.
Just done my 1st Bauwer job , and with the advice of @vfr12 over the phone (thank you) completed I think quite successfully, but it is a long winded system

Last edited:
Just done my 1st Bauwer job , and with the advice of @vfr12 over the phone (thank you) completed I think quite successfully, but it is a long winded
What was you doing at the job ?
I’ve quoted 2 jobs up and have another just come in , still not done my first complete proper job with it but am familiar with the gb1 which I liked tbf

Bit more complicated than I first thought then, I was hoping it would have been an easier product than lime