Baumit silicone

Members online

johnh

Ive decided to not bother using s c on my house as im sick of it cracking.
Ive decided to give silicone a go and use my house as a guinea pig.
Ive been in contact on fb with a supplier of baumit . Is this stuff any good .
As i can get other makes locally. Thanks

Yes! @themucky1 uses lots off it and rates it

Baumit have a good reputation and makes some very good products.

We would be happy to help you with the range of Silicone thin coat materials from PRB if that is of any interest?

Baumit is good and fil gil on FB is your man. I personally rate Jub but it is expensive. I find the cheaper ones like Atlas Avail are very gritty and hard to get a good finish.

where about‘s are you?

Mapai is good and P1ss sells it.

Thanks.
But werent you the company selling and raving about make good finish
Correct, we sold and thought very highly of the trial/test and original formulation material which was provided to us initially (based on contractor feedback) - they then changed the formula - not our choice. But we then chose to remove it from stock and ensure those who purchased the “bad batch” were reimbursed by MG themselves.

Worth noting, we also were the company who did our best to help plasterers during a time of need and it cost us thousands of pounds ourselves.

Baumit is good and fil gil on FB is your man. I personally rate Jub but it is expensive. I find the cheaper ones like Atlas Avail are very gritty and hard to get a good finish.

where about‘s are you?

Mapai is good and P1ss sells it.
In essex. Ive messaged fil . Waiting to hear back
I was looking at ewi stuff. But they couldnt be bothered to send me a few colour samples

Correct, we sold and thought very highly of the trial/test and original formulation material which was provided to us initially (based on contractor feedback) - they then changed the formula - not our choice. But we then chose to remove it from stock and ensure those who purchased the “bad batch” were reimbursed by MG themselves.

Worth noting, we also were the company who did our best to help plasterers during a time of need and it cost us thousands of pounds ourselves.
I did 2 kitchens with that stuff.luckily for regulars. Who supplied it .
That's why ive asked advice from people who use the materials

In essex. Ive messaged fil . Waiting to hear back
I was looking at ewi stuff. But they couldnt be bothered to send me a few colour samples
20210224_154534.jpg

Just go direct couple of days for samples

It won’t crack if you use a good product. Full bed of mesh. Decent paint, no aggregate or pits to hold dirt.

Howd you get that.
Struggling to find where to order it on their site
Contact them directly to order samples/purchase materials. Russell Judd is your best contact: 07872 073267

To my knowledge, nobody actually holds a stock of their material, they do all the deliveries, everything is drop shipped. We've sold a fair amount of their stuff, they are a good company to work with.