BAUMIT Kalkin Glatte lime Skimming finishing plaster

Shamrock78

Hi everyone,
Long time lurker, first time posting!!!
I'm wondering if any of you guys have used this lime based Plaster before. I have never heard of it so I researched it today and it seems similar to Multi finish in application(3mm) in two coats, first coat(2mm) sets after 2 hours with a thin 2nd (1mm) coat on top on boards but not compatible with Gypsum Plasterboard. Block walls is 15mm first coat and finished with a top coat (3mm). I've been Plastering for 20 years mostly Skimming, so just looking for some advice about the product.
Thanks

Hi everyone,
Long time lurker, first time posting!!!
I'm wondering if any of you guys have used this lime based Plaster before. I have never heard of it so I researched it today and it seems similar to Multi finish in application(3mm) in two coats, first coat(2mm) sets after 2 hours with a thin 2nd (1mm) coat on top on boards but not compatible with Gypsum Plasterboard. Block walls is 15mm first coat and finished with a top coat (3mm). I've been Plastering for 20 years mostly Skimming, so just looking for some advice about the product.
Thanks
never heard of it mate

Th
Are you using wood fibre board insulation by any chance ?
The spec on the architects drawings is 12.5mm Gyproc Plasterboard on the ceilings and some walls, some walls are block which require a 15mm undercoat. When I looked up this stuff online it says it can't be used on Gyproc boards. I've never come across it before and if it's too much hassle I will just leave it.

Are you using wood fibre board insulation by any chance ?

The internal walls on the build are a mixture of solid block and stud partitions with 12.5mm Gypsum Plasterboard which I understand is not compatible with this type of Lime plaster so someone has made a mistake with that. The ceilings are a mixture of concrete and Gypsum Plasterboard, no mention of the wood fibre boards. Have you used this product before mate and if so is it similar to using Multi finish or should I give it a wide berth?
I've been Plastering 20 years mainly Skimming but I don't want to get in over my head with this one.

Ahhh ok should have read your first post again
Does it say what the base coat is... rk38?

Used the Base coats not the finish ...

Ahhh ok should have read your first post again
Does it say what the base coat is... rk38?

Used the Base coats not the finish ...
Its BAUMIT Kalkin RU 36W lime basecoat Plaster. Where I am I can get £10-£12 m2 for Skimming. I know pricing on here is a taboo subject but from your experience of using the basecoat should I be charging £20m2 as it needs to go on at 15mm?
Thanks for your replies

Used it a couple of years ago, no set to it, you can put loads on no problem, nail lines show through if you use a float with nails as a key, nice stuff to finish though.

O
Used it a couple of years ago, no set to it, you can put loads on no problem, nail lines show through if you use a float with nails as a key, nice stuff to finish though.
Ok that's good to know. What did you use to key it instead of a float with nails?

I did use a float with nails that's how I know, it was on fibre board, it aint a problem because you can trowel it again next day if you want because it's lime, lovely to use.