battering

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

christ

Private Member
starting a job on monday skimming attic room that has just been battened and boarded out by a friend of mine, but i noticed that he used roofing battens that he'd kept on the roof of his van, so the battens are probably full of moisture, do u think it'll make the plaster crack when the battens dry out. cheers

Battening ;)

i think oasis' dyselxic keyboard virus is spreading to our keyboards :-*

I do loads of lofts and they all crack, they butt the boards tight and i just scrim them and set but they should leave a gap in the board that should be filled with plaster then scrimed ......but they dont listen to me i think sometimes i must talk in klingon .

If that is the correct way of doing it then why isnt it done ?????

I agree most lofts,including my own crack in places but I have never had any problems with ordinary jobs that were boarded tight cracking.

I think its just the extreme temperatures a loft faces thats causing the cracks and that alone.

Rich

I had this discussion today about leaving 2-3mm gap for the skim to fill and bed in the scrim, and why nobody does it anymore.

TonyM said:
I had this discussion today about leaving 2-3mm gap for the skim to fill and bed in the scrim, and why nobody does it anymore.

this is the way we are taught to do it at college and everyone on the course always makes sure theres a gap... whether or not they will on proper jobs or not is another thing tho ::)

I didnt know their was any other way of doing it, i use a board mate when doing ceilings on my own and it does it for you, when doing long lengths of metal stud just remember to allow it ime sure the info must be on one of the board manufactures web sites.
Lucius.

we had major probs with cracking on a job and there was talk of bringing back penny gaps .......shouldve seen the faces on the dryliners ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.