Bathrooms Mp75

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiganlad

Private Member
Right lads dnt know if this has been said b4 but in holland we have been doin bathrooms wihich have had all the tilles riped of. which normaly at home i would treat the walls coat of bonding then skim. Well out here we have been treating the walls and then putting mp75 on. Fills the walls out and finnishes ready for paint just as gud as multy and dun in alot less time. and cheaper on mats. same over heavy artex also no need to bond out first. One quality product is that MP.

tend to put it on bout 6 mil spat it both ways sponge and trowel then a final polish. just be sure to keep ur feather edge handy though just to keep an eye on ur internals. bit thicker than skiming and you dnt want any dog legs.

done it for years mate, if you cant get MP75 then go to wicks and buy there knauf onecoat, thats mp75 just bagged for wicks. I love the gear but its just getting builders to change from BG. A two man gang spraying it onto new work can complete around 120m2 in a day. I know some people will say they could do that in hardwall but i aint met any yet who give a good standard in hardwall and set doing that a day.

Is mp75 just troweled up like gypsum or is it different process?

You lay it on and rule flat, leave untill it has stiffened and then spat, ( we use a feather edge sharp side , ) this takes any slumps or highspots out leave until picked up a bit and wet with water, sponge to get fat to surface, flatten in fat, leave and give another trowel then a nice hard trowel.

whats the price in wicks pal and duz it give you the same quality finish as mp. fckn brilliant product though

spoke to monkey yesterday, he said simps had put it over a plasterboard lid before. and that u guys chuck it over board sometimes also. and i think wiganlad said hed skimmed a bit with it abroad. is it a product that could be used full time over board? i ask coz it could be sprayed 10 times quicker than multi, and i could put a hell of a lot more meters on than multi as it holds up so long. assuming u could get it on at around 3mm thick. and if the meterage per bag was similar. what u reckon?

yeah you could do it no prob nick i did a load of lids about 15 years ago in bg onecoat all on plasterboard

im using this stuff at the moment in amsterdam because they dont sell bg anywhere in holland. infact most people just laugh when you talk about 2 coat finish plaster, they think your crazy. its possible to get a quality finish out of this mp75 but you have to know how. ive been having big problems with airbubbles. its f++king annoying!! ive been told that im puting-on then trowelling too fast after putting on, and in the dutch tradition i should be "taking it easy" "maybe take a coffee and wait a bit" haha. so, i have, i put on, level flat, and leave it, then keep an eye on it. if its going dry i retrowel it and bring it back too life. then finally after 3 hours i sponge it leave it another half hour and go in for the final trowell. STILL GETTING AIR BUBBLES. after waiting for ages the bubbles disapear after another sponge. but then getting a finish is hard work. obviously im doing something wrong, probably my timings. any words of wisdom?? oh yeah, im skimming old painted plaster treated with a knauf primer with bits of sand in. left it for a few days so should be no problem.

if i underdstood how to use this stuff id probably use it back in the uk. you can put a whole room on (wet corners and all) then trowell it up right??

im using this stuff at the moment in amsterdam because they dont sell bg anywhere in holland. infact most people just laugh when you talk about 2 coat finish plaster, they think your crazy. its possible to get a quality finish out of this mp75 but you have to know how. ive been having big problems with airbubbles. its f++king annoying!! ive been told that im puting-on then trowelling too fast after putting on, and in the dutch tradition i should be "taking it easy" "maybe take a coffee and wait a bit" haha. so, i have, i put on, level flat, and leave it, then keep an eye on it. if its going dry i retrowel it and bring it back too life. then finally after 3 hours i sponge it leave it another half hour and go in for the final trowell. STILL GETTING AIR BUBBLES. after waiting for ages the bubbles disapear after another sponge. but then getting a finish is hard work. obviously im doing something wrong, probably my timings. any words of wisdom?? oh yeah, im skimming old painted plaster treated with a knauf primer with bits of sand in. left it for a few days so should be no problem.

if i underdstood how to use this stuff id probably use it back in the uk. you can put a whole room on (wet corners and all) then trowell it up right??

i would love to work there

How many times are you ruling it after it's sprayed mate, can't you get the bubbles out next day are you getting them every set?

Wicks use to sell it diamond I think they use to call it , done a lot of reskim with it and the present one coat Ive skimmed over shitty artex ceilings when having the need to put it on thick..

Your just messing about with it to much Bucket,listen to the stuckadorers if you get a few bubbles leave it till the morning wet it and cut it back thats.

Status
Not open for further replies.