bathroom wall

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rijndael

I am working on my bathroom, we took off the tiles and knocked down a partition wall. When we knocked the wall down the rendering also came off (about 0.3m X 2m) from the wall it was attached to such that you can see the concrete blocks. Also, some of the tile adhesive is still stuck on the wall. Then we have another issue whereby the innerside of the partition was rendered and then multi'ed and the outer side, the guy has slapped the multi straight onto the concrete hence the wall is slightly uneven. What should I do with this wall ?

Put this in the room and RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
LMFAO that's what it sounds like in our house everynight :RpS_laugh:
Can never hear the fcukin tele :-(

I am working on my bathroom, we took off the tiles and knocked down a partition wall. When we knocked the wall down the rendering also came off (about 0.3m X 2m) from the wall it was attached to such that you can see the confcrete blocks. Also, some of the tile adhesive is still stuck on the wall. Then we have another issue whereby the innerside of the partition was rendered and then multi'ed and the outer side, the guy has slapped the multi straight onto the concrete hence the wall is slightly uneven. What should I do with this wall ?
It needs to be made straight then skimmed

I am working on my bathroom, we took off the tiles and knocked down a partition wall. When we knocked the wall down the rendering also came off (about 0.3m X 2m) from the wall it was attached to such that you can see the concrete blocks. Also, some of the tile adhesive is still stuck on the wall. Then we have another issue whereby the innerside of the partition was rendered and then multi'ed and the outer side, the guy has slapped the multi straight onto the concrete hence the wall is slightly uneven. What should I do with this wall ?

get a better plasterer

Right, thanks for commenting on the absurdity of the walls. Now, what needs to be done to fix the wall ? I was thinking of taking off the rendering and then multi straight onto the concrete. Good idea?

Fit a wall liner system and board it out........ start all over again!

If it going to remain a bathroom, fit Knauf Aquapanel and Tile or Skim away!

Where are you trying to buy from?
£30 a sheet.... Jesus!

If you are looking at buying some Spunky, shop around and don't be afraid to ask for a better rate..... £30 a sheet must be a list price!

DIYer do use normal drywall behind tiles, but it is not great long term...... water will get through the grout and cause problems.

Also Aquapanel will take heavier tiles and natural stone (check maximum weights against the stud centres for confirmation)

I assume you are looking at buying on line...... visit a local builders merchant or drywall distributor and you will get a better deal!

Aquapanel is also available in smaller 1200 x 900 sheets, so you could collect in your own van / car.... (install horizontal to hit 600mm ctrs)

Right, thanks for commenting on the absurdity of the walls. Now, what needs to be done to fix the wall ? I was thinking of taking off the rendering and then multi straight onto the concrete. Good idea?

your mental. from what you said earlier you seemed to have already realised multi straight onto blocks was wrong. and now your saying your gonna get rid of the half ok bit and make it all ****. have another think about it and let us no ur thoughts

Runswithscissors, thanks for the suggestions. I guess these panels are the way to go. Are they as easy to manage as drywall in terms of cutting/weight etc ?

nickelarse: Just throwing ideas out there to see what response they will pick up.

NPS: its an encryption algorithm (am an engineer by profession).

well pay someone to do the work pal, you can afford it with the money youll be on :RpS_wink:
so have you bought an old house to do up?

Runswithscissors, thanks for the suggestions. I guess these panels are the way to go. Are they as easy to manage as drywall in terms of cutting/weight etc ?

nickelarse: Just throwing ideas out there to see what response they will pick up.

NPS: its an encryption algorithm (am an engineer by profession).

mate seriously, just get a decent plasterer in to sort it out

or a sh!t one if your gonna get a tiler in, nicksarse is cheap :RpS_biggrin: the terwat :RpS_lol:

Knauf-Aquapanel-Interior-Brochure

Everything you need to know about installation is here..........

That said, if what the guys above say is true, you might want to get a plasterer to actually come and give you a proper quote to make good and finish for you....

....where are you based anyway? maybe someone will offer to make a visit and quote a repair and finish professionally?

Status
Not open for further replies.