Bathroom s

As said I don't know, sure I'll get bashed to f**k as normal but never done it, just if the first coat shrinks second coat it with same gear and always been ok

Bad practice really mate!

Hardwall soak with water then apply.

Bonding pva then apply.

That's for brick/block work & chases etc.

Everything else can use bonding but should always pva 1st.

Bad practice really mate!

Hardwall soak with water then apply.

Bonding pva then apply.

That's for brick/block work & chases etc.

Everything else can use bonding but should always pva 1st.
Maybe, I don't know but never had a problem , like I said will PVA if coating over a normal surface +paint plaster etc)

That said @ lodan a spread that works wirh us says he never pva 1st on anything and says he has no probs 20+ yrs in game bla blah.

There again I just think he's a lazy rough c**t lol

That said @ lodan a spread that works wirh us says he never pva 1st on anything and says he has no probs 20+ yrs in game bla blah.

There again I just think he's a lazy rough c**t lol
I know I'm rough zombie it's fine, just never knew in the first instance and when realised just though no problems so far so carried on

I've never once pva'd before bonding chases or back to brick and never had a report of a fail, only PVA if on the top of something old and smooth, also not scratched it back, use a sponge to rough the surface and give a key ....did masses of bonding in my lounge diner about 3 years ago and not a crack or anything and been back to loads of jobs where I did the same and never an issue

I've filled chases with sand cement adhesive bonding hardwall and skim ..everything but egg mayonnaise mate.
From London to Scotland and it's still stuck there now....I'm sure if I could get away with expanding foam I'd spray it and walk away lol xx

I've filled chases with sand cement adhesive bonding hardwall and skim ..everything but egg mayonnaise mate.
From London to Scotland and it's still stuck there now....I'm sure if I could get away with expanding foam I'd spray it and walk away lol xx
Aye done the odd few chases with dab to and think if anything it's more solid just it trying to bulge is an arse

Aye done the odd few chases with dab to and think if anything it's more solid just it trying to bulge is an arse

I dabbed a wall in my older brother's new house with stiff skim over 10 years ago and it's still solid.
No doubt someone on here will tell me it will fail 10 years and 6 weeks later.
(y)(y)(y)(y)

I dabbed a wall in my older brother's new house with stiff skim over 10 years ago and it's still solid.
No doubt someone on here will tell me it will fail 10 years and 6 weeks later.
(y)(y)(y)(y)
f**k plastering, hope new addition is tucked up in bed and you and the Mrs got a second to chill

Chin up Andy g
I’m doing one like you have described today aswell, s**t job. Always put a price in that’s in favour of your pocket on these type of jobs.
If the walls are in bad nik I pva and then bonding coat in my finish, drink tea , eat biscuits until it’s ready for a fresh second coat of finish.
Don’t try and do it all at once if your confidence has been knocked as it’s a pain in the arse going around everything, keep it nice neat and tidy and you will go home a little bit happier knowing it worked out well in the end. (y)