Bathroom Fitting Courses

Members online

Stevieo

Royal Spin Doctor
Anyone done one of these?

Given the quality of short plastering courses, I'm deeply suspicious.

Seen one, £900 for two weeks and in that two weeks they'll teach me all aspects of bathroom renovation. Plastering, tiling, plumbing - the lot! From scratch! No experience necessary!

Needless to say, I won't be going on that.

But has anyone done an honest one that will take someone with some construction skills and just take the surpises out of the plumbing side of it?

I'm sick to f**k**g death of being held to ransom by plumbers - the f**k**g wankers.

Seen one, £900 for two weeks and in that two weeks they'll teach me all aspects of bathroom renovation. Plastering, tiling, plumbing - the lot! From scratch! No experience necessary!

But has anyone done an honest one that will take someone with some construction skills and just take the surpises out of the plumbing side of it?

I'm sick to f**k**g death of being held to ransom by plumbers - the f**k**g wankers.

Personally I'd say go for it. 1 bathroom down the line and your even then in profit going forward.

Cant see any reason why you cant be taught the basics principals of that in 2 weeks given that you can already plaster.

Tiling & basic bathroom plumbing is straight forward and given your jobs are empty flats you can learn on the job to some extent.

Personally I'd say go for it. 1 bathroom down the line and your even then in profit going forward.

Cant see any reason why you cant be taught the basics principals of that in 2 weeks given that you can already plaster.

Tiling & basic bathroom plumbing is straight forward and given your jobs are empty flats you can learn on the job to some extent.
@Danny zombies account has been hacked in his absence. It's been taken over by some polite, positive character, not sure if you'd rather just ignore the takeover?

I can tile. I just really have to think about what I'm doing so I prefer not to.

The thing is that anyone offering all that in a couple of weeks is just a f**k**g crook.

All I really need is the plumbing side of it.

I’ve fitted bathrooms on all various systems with plumbers and on my own
If u can solder half the battle ,waste fittings easy to fit etc
Fitting a bathroom on a combi system easy ,turn main ,it’s all off
But a tank fed system whole diffent ball game turn off in the airing cupboard f**k me goes well it’s fine n then u got refilling after no course can learn u that in five minutes experience is the key there
N then u got rads ahhhh them fancy towel rads they r never straight forwarded filling the whole system etc
It all can be done just don’t panic lol

Iv always done my own plumbing and I’m now at a stage where I will never need a plumber (unless there’s gas involved) hot and cold is a piece of piss, the heating side of things can be an absolute mare sometimes
Your worst nightmare is filling a gravity fed system and it air locks, middle of winter and the house now has no heating because you’ve drained down and not a clue how to purge the system.
I would say you need hands on experience with a plumber to be properly capable, push fit fittings and flexi tap connectors make the job easy but it can go tits up very easily, water can do a lot of damage to a house and maybe even more to a block of flats.
If you ever need any advice you can message me for my number and give me a bell.
I did 4 years full time plumbing before getting back into plastering

Iv always done my own plumbing and I’m now at a stage where I will never need a plumber (unless there’s gas involved) hot and cold is a piece of piss, the heating side of things can be an absolute mare sometimes
Your worst nightmare is filling a gravity fed system and it air locks, middle of winter and the house now has no heating because you’ve drained down and not a clue how to purge the system.
I would say you need hands on experience with a plumber to be properly capable, push fit fittings and flexi tap connectors make the job easy but it can go tits up very easily, water can do a lot of damage to a house and maybe even more to a block of flats.
If you ever need any advice you can message me for my number and give me a bell.
I did 4 years full time plumbing before getting back into plastering

Thanks pal.

Appreciate it.

Just tiled and fitted my own over Christmas well pleased with myself, but it was focking hard for me anyway took me 3 weeks could have rendered 2 houses
IMG_20200109_101341.jpg
IMG_20200104_150634.jpg

yes mate C AND G PLUMBING no shortcuts.

Best Tapit tip i can give you, always double check length of screw to fix bath legs to bottom of bath, and then check again.

I do a lot of plumbing on jobs, but also have a mate thats good so he often does it...I cant do everything!
Most is pretty straightforward, unless its a gravity system that needs a shower pump and you have to cut a hole in the side of the immersion tank for a Warwick flange etc. As Tiny Tom said, nightmare on gravity system with an airlock. I've resorted to connecting a hose pipe to a drain off on a down stairs rad before to reverse fill the system...PITA!

No cnt on a coarse could teach me s**t!!thats why YouTube was invented I did a heart transplant last week took a while cos I had to keep skipping back but I’m quit confident the patient came round eventually (y)

I do a lot of plumbing on jobs, but also have a mate thats good so he often does it...I cant do everything!
Most is pretty straightforward, unless its a gravity system that needs a shower pump and you have to cut a hole in the side of the immersion tank for a Warwick flange etc. As Tiny Tom said, nightmare on gravity system with an airlock. I've resorted to connecting a hose pipe to a drain off on a down stairs rad before to reverse fill the system...PITA!
Done that too, a good tip if it’s only 1 rad that’s not getting hot is to isolate that rad, drop the pressure out through the bleed valve then remove the full tapping and thread an iso valve into the rad, small length of copper and onto a hose, then open up 1 valve at a time and let all the air/water flow out the hose. Works a treat.
If the full system is stalling check the 2/3 port valve is in the open position

Done that too, a good tip if it’s only 1 rad that’s not getting hot is to isolate that rad, drop the pressure out through the bleed valve then remove the full tapping and thread an iso valve into the rad, small length of copper and onto a hose, then open up 1 valve at a time and let all the air/water flow out the hose. Works a treat.
If the full system is stalling check the 2/3 port valve is in the open position

Cheers Tom (y)

No cnt on a coarse could teach me s**t!!thats why YouTube was invented I did a heart transplant last week took a while cos I had to keep skipping back but I’m quit confident the patient came round eventually (y)

I am doing a cambelt on a zetec engine in a couple of weeks.... YouTube is my friend.... did a head gasket on my other car and youtube took me through it

If ever you want to get rid of all those grout lines please don't hesitate to message me and I will micro the lot!lol

Serious note,top job mate (y)

Yes saved my bacon in my old house the old connect the hose pipe trick. Lesson for me was schedule anything on a gravity fed system for the summer.