Bathroom ceiling

Ralphyboy

Ceiling to pva & skim,normally do before walls are tiled but this one has just been tiled floor to ceiling.I'm going to use masking tape on grouting edge between top tile & ceiling if it won't pull off grouting when finished skimming!
Any advice welcome,thanks

Use drop down tape I get online but Screwfix do this one with masking on top edge £6
Screenshot_20190716-122622.png

I used to sheet and wrap Absolutely Everything in a bathroom, Doors,Sills,Rads,Shower Trays Sink n Taps, Floor (a definite Must Do!!!!) and finally the toilet, but after a while I realised that an hour n half, first thing is wasted by doin that, cover the sink n cistern and crack on, and once you've polished up, there ain't much mess/splashes of gear on all the things you wrapped up...

It makes me wonder just how messy can people be when i read threads like this . Just saying.
Speaking for myself, very in the beginning, but you live and u learn along the way. I just wanted the gear on when I started, and used to think "I'll clean that later "or the labourer can. Not these days though.

That's the one ceiling in a house I now don't pva.
Seen a few blow off over the years and I reckon steam, moisture don't go with pva long term.

Most pva says don't use in high humidity or damp areas.
The bit I have seen blowing off is generally above a shower head. I don't think it's coincidence, might be wrong I use grit in bathroom.

That's the one ceiling in a house I now don't pva.
Seen a few blow off over the years and I reckon steam, moisture don't go with pva long term.

Most pva says don't use in high humidity or damp areas.
The bit I have seen blowing off is generally above a shower head. I don't think it's coincidence, might be wrong I use grit in bathroom.
I've been reliably told ( can't remember who on here lol ) PVA re emulsifies so should re stick itself (skimming on dry PVA )
Its all a bit of mystery this plastering malarkey

I've been reliably told ( can't remember who on here lol ) PVA re emulsifies so should re stick itself (skimming on dry PVA )
Its all a bit of mystery this plastering malarkey
Most do,,,,, I have also seen ceilings blow when steam strippers are removing wallpaper, it does emulsifie.

It makes me wonder just how messy can people be when i read threads like this . Just saying.

It's not so much being messy but more of a case of if I don't sheet everything up its just my luck that I'll have one of those days I drop a monster bit, or slip and throw the trowel etc/

Just like when you sheet up a bedroom, keep door shut but drop a big lump right at the bottom of the door.. Open door and it's splattered all over the landing carpet.. Better safe than sorry in my opinion! Also depends how new the bathroom is).