Bathroom ceiling jointing/ skimming plaster advice

Members online

benhurr

Hi, I hope you are doing well.
I have moisture resistant plasterboard inon bathroom ceiling. It is quite high up, nearly 3 meters, have good air extraction.. What would be the best choice for joint / taping filler and for skim coats (is skimming necessary (new plasterboard)? It looks like “multifinish” is not suitable for the job. I also have leftovers of “onecoat “ plaster

I have moisture resistant plasterboard inon bathroom ceiling. It is quite high up, nearly 3 meters, have good air extraction.. What would be the best choice for joint / taping filler and for skim coats (is skimming necessary (new plasterboard)? It looks like “multifinish” is not suitable for the job. I also have leftovers of “onecoat “ plaster
Why is “multi finish” not suitable for the job?

Moisture resistant board needs a bonding agent applied first. Use the one from Wickes. Let it dry then 2 coat multi finish.

It’s pointless using mr board and then putting gypsum on the face of it. Having said that mr board is not the right board for shower areas, really should be glassroc
If you’re not going to plaster over moisture board then how would you suggest finishing it?
Don’t say tiles, lol.

Not if you're tape and jointing.
What I’m getting at is according to the apprentice moisture boards are not to be used in a shower area for tiling on or skimming over, so where would you use these boards just for tape and joint? They’re surely just a pointless product then?

What I’m getting at is according to the apprentice moisture boards are not to be used in a shower area for tiling on or skimming over, so where would you use these boards just for tape and joint? They’re surely just a pointless product then?
They are pointless
Like water resistant watches you can’t swim with em on

In bathrooms etc, areas of higher humidity. Shower areas can get wet so you need a waterproof board in that area.

In bathrooms etc, areas of higher humidity. Shower areas can get wet so you need a waterproof board in that area.
I'm pretty sure that moisture resistant boards were never intended for wet areas as such, but to be used in the normal shitely organised new builds where windows and sometimes roofs were missing causing excessive moisture?
I'm sure I was told this by the BG technical department.