basecoating ewi with ritmo

Dansouthcoast84

Private Member
im a newbie with the machine side...

so today we sprayed jlm onto eps...

set the water at 200.
speed 8...

definetly an art to keep it thin and cover the surface...
was still wet at 1pm. to start meshing it..

i dont know how lads spray small plots and make money as its a next day slurry in my opinion.

my question is do you guys spray the slurry aswell and how do you finish it?

@madmonk might be able to help, I could be wrong though .
I do know a large spray render outfit and they don't spray their thincoat just the Mono.

Spray wet with a size 12 cap. I spray gererously and then distribute it around with a 12mm serrated trowel 450mm. Bed mesh in lightly onto the serrated bands then spat flat. You will flatten the bands together giving you 4mm.

You can then decide how to apply the next 2mm. I prefer next day. Less chance of ‘waving’ the 4mm.

Spray wet with a size 12 cap. I spray gererously and then distribute it around with a 12mm serrated trowel 450mm. Bed mesh in lightly onto the serrated bands then spat flat. You will flatten the bands together giving you 4mm.

You can then decide how to apply the next 2mm. I prefer next day. Less chance of ‘waving’ the 4mm.
yeah its def too wet to slurry without getting ripples in mesh...

pretty much what we done today spray with standard cap.. and serrate..
Screenshot_20181015-203132_eBay.jpg

Never bothered spraying any base thin coat, there’s not much saving in my opinion.
i think it suits certian jobs.. the 20m2 panels obviously not.
but ones i got at mo.. 220m2 on a house
and a town house which is 11m high so ideal for that..

but yeah cant understand the gangs saying all we do is spray

Why complicated? Spray a dollop in the middle of the wall and spread it . Even that’s better than mixing and lifting . But I agree, not worth it for 20m2

agree.. . anything 10mm amd above on the other hand though
Done this start of year 1st and only time,couldn't really get in some sort of rythym,might just of been me with it being first try,masking up was no different to hand apply apart from top trim,I would give it another go on the right job,didn't spray second pass just scrim coat

Attachments

• IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 276
looks good mate.

its the general feel im getting.. spray scrim coat.. hand ball slurry coat
Could you slow the ritmo down and set the water a touch higher to get a finer spray?? I’m just guessing as I’ve not got a ritmo. Do you run a bigger compressor For your thin coat?