Basecoat on blockwork?!?

loky11

To all you monocoushe gurus out there, can you clarify if blockwork needs a base coat or just straight on 2 passes? 3.6n blocks I believe, I've been told you can go straight on but also heard basecoat. Be using k1 and 15mm beads.

Just remember young man anything you’re putting on thin in the first place isn’t a great thing for covering block! Base coat meesh and crack on mr glitter (y)

I’d be putting a primer over as a minimum on thermalite block ie 3.5 n, they suck like a hooker on a bonus, otherwise your storing up problems.

I’d be putting a primer over as a minimum on thermalite block ie 3.5 n, they suck like a hooker on a bonus, otherwise your storing up problems.

I don't think they're thermolites buddy, but I've only been sent photos to go by

Attachments

• IMG-20200519-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20200519-WA0008.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 204
Yep there not thermalite, but 3.5 is still a lightweight block so I’d still prime them.

Off topic but how is the owner going to get that garage door open? Is it a roller shutter or just a fake to hide an illegal rental?
On the other hand, don't ask just get the job, money right now matters.

Off topic but how is the owner going to get that garage door open? Is it a roller shutter or just a fake to hide an illegal rental?
On the other hand, don't ask just get the job, money right now matters.

:ROFLMAO: honestly I don't know, I I never noticed it until now, looks like an up n over door though, and I've deffo got the job but yea your right it does matter now, every Tom dick and Harry going bezerk over skim.