Basecoat accelerator

Members online

Rich04

Hi all, new to this forum, does anyone use the K Rend accelerator in their basecoat or just in finish coat, if not can anyone recommend a proven accelerator for wethertex basecoat, thanks

Welcome along anyway (y)
Thanks, the house I’m working on is shaded most of the day and having problems with basecoat setting, tried laying on late afternoon and finishing next morning but absolute donkey work just looking for something to speed up the process

accelerator very good especially in this cold season. Laid a panel on top coat with no accelerator in December last year and wasn’t ready to rub up till the next day at 6pm up on the scaffolding with lights and torches. When we used accelerator left it on overnight it was ready to rub up the following morning no problem so must be the same effectiveness with the base coat. It’s worth giving it a go. Just make sure the amount of accelerator you use is consistent in every mix.

accelerator very good especially in this cold season. Laid a panel on top coat with no accelerator in December last year and wasn’t ready to rub up till the next day at 6pm up on the scaffolding with lights and torches. When we used accelerator left it on overnight it was ready to rub up the following morning no problem so must be the same effectiveness with the base coat. It’s worth giving it a go. Just make sure the amount of accelerator you use is consistent in every mix.
You on about bucket coat?

trying to help someone out mate, if you can say it better then go ahead
I was trying to work out a weather you was on about bucket coat,
I've been using it with accelerator since November it's skins over and is unworkable within 2-hours
You're saying that you left it for nearly 24-hours so got confused as to the product you was using

I was trying to work out a weather you was on about bucket coat,
I've been using it with accelerator since November it's skins over and is unworkable within 2-hours
You're saying that you left it for nearly 24-hours so got confused as to the product you was using
Hence are you on about bucket coat