Base coat finish

Members online

loky11

First time doing tc, got base coat on but it was tearing and dragging when spatting, can you leave it with a sponge float finish? It's for a mate, warned him several times I havnt done it before haha he's not bothered and wanted me to do it

First time doing tc, got base coat on but it was tearing and dragging when spatting, can you leave it with a sponge float finish? It's for a mate, warned him several times I havnt done it before haha he's not bothered and wanted me to do it
Yes you can, you will be leaving it too late to spat

Yes you can, you will be leaving it too late to spat
Marvellous, thanks, I guessed it was leaving it too long, had formed a skin, some areas I wet with spray bottle then spatted but still wasn't happy with it.

float and sponge mate

Always got the impression it has to be cock on, does thin coat cover more s**t then you think ? Always thought with it being put ok that thin it will show everything
1.5 will cover ok

1mm less forgiving, but looks a bit better.

Think that's what Iust of practiced with on back of garage. I free loaded a tub of brother-in-law. Always liked finish better

Think that's what Iust of practiced with on back of garage. I free loaded a tub of brother-in-law. Always liked finish better
0488EA4C-41DC-4D7A-8AB0-BD7654A78744.gif
With

Always got the impression it has to be cock on, does thin coat cover more s**t then you think ? Always thought with it being put ok that thin it will show everything
It depends who you ask It doesn't cover much if you ask me the flatter the better you have to catch the base coat right some people just spat it I personally power float it afterwards it looks much better but obviously takes twice as long

It depends who you ask It doesn't cover much if you ask me the flatter the better you have to catch the base coat right some people just spat it I personally power float it afterwards it looks much better but obviously takes twice as long

When I spatted it I didn't think it looked flat enough for my liking, just kept leaving lines, but then again I don't know how well tc covers any imperfections etc, so just ended up sponge floating it, he'd got some white base coat but realised he wouldn't have enough so orderd more but they sent him grey, the white seemed better to work with, sponged up fine and went of pretty quick, but the grey seemed to hang forever. Its all on now so will just have to see how it goes.

Heard people say treat it like mono and I bar it back but I didn't have enough to do it that way

When I spatted it I didn't think it looked flat enough for my liking, just kept leaving lines, but then again I don't know how well tc covers any imperfections etc, so just ended up sponge floating it, he'd got some white base coat but realised he wouldn't have enough so orderd more but they sent him grey, the white seemed better to work with, sponged up fine and went of pretty quick, but the grey seemed to hang forever. Its all on now so will just have to see how it goes.
It follows everything in my opinion some will say it covers I wouldn't you want the base as flat as possible regardless of how you get there