Barra Buff(shell)

Members online

Grant Singer

Just finished this today. Customer wanted shells to match existing house. Different colour now but actually looks quite smart with white backing and now wants whole house re- roughcasted.

When was the last time anyone used Barra Buff, £15 a bag it's pricey like but goes for miles.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 447
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 947
Not for a long time.
But does look magic when done(y).
Last time I used it was mabye ten years ago?when I worked with my old Co.
a job in oban,extension to match existing.

Cheers mate, used it once just for patching. But it does look smart seeing it in bigger sections. Mental stuff to use we had a bit of wind today and it just flys away before u get near the wall...lol.

Lots of smalls in it..
The stuff on the original house still looked as good as the day it was put on..bit dirty but the house was about 100 years old..
The shells must be very resilient to the west coast weather (y) tuff as fook.

A Council house estate here in Sheffield was done in crushed shells and still looks good today after at least 15 years.

Didn't think you could still get barra shell anywhere. Where did you get it?

Well it's called Barra Buff now, you can't get the White shell anymore for some reason. But I got Rowebb to order me some in. But it's about £15 a bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it's called Barra Buff now, you can't get the White shell anymore for some reason. But I got Rowebb to order me some in. But it's about £15 a bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure it was down to where they were getting the shells from became protected or something along those lines.

I think your bang on there, someone else said that to me too might have been the manager at Rowebb. I prefer the buff colour to be honest, goes nice against the white back