Barbados job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one is it? I was there only last week I could have had a look.

The majority of modern renders I saw looked like bucket coat but cement based and painted afterwards. SPS is marketing something similar.

I was in Ocean 2 Hotel at St Lawrence Gap and it is the most flattest render I have ever seen. No ripples or anything when the sun was beaming sideways. Not even beads on the corners. It was as flat as a skimmed wall I s**t you not.

Which one is it? I was there only last week I could have had a look.

The majority of modern renders I saw looked like bucket coat but cement based and painted afterwards. SPS is marketing something similar.

I was in Ocean 2 Hotel at St Lawrence Gap and it is the most flattest render I have ever seen. No ripples or anything when the sun was beaming sideways. Not even beads on the corners. It was as flat as a skimmed wall I s**t you not.

work or on hol?

i could do with a gig over there, getting fed up of rendering in 3 layers of clothing here. :-0

Was it Claybury Plantation House? I noticed the tower scaffolding, there was quite a bit of that sort of scaffolding going up the side of hotels of several floors. Saw a painter doing a 7 storey side of a hotel painting it on 1 plank.

I saw quite a few houses new and old in the process off being rendered. They seem to do a wall in bits rather than the whole wall in 1 go like we do. peicings all over the place. Then they fit the windows after and patch around them. Finish in the stuff described below.

What time of year did you do it. Last week was about 30c with a constant breeze. When it rains out there it p's it down good and proper.

work or on hol?

i could do with a gig over there, getting fed up of rendering in 3 layers of clothing here. :-0

Unless it is a big job or a job the Bajans are not familiar with I don't think the island is big to import labour. It's only 22 miles long and about 11 miles wide.

I was on holiday. Cost a mint! Barbados is not that thrilling either.

Unless it is a big job or a job the Bajans are not familiar with I don't think the island is big to import labour. It's only 22 miles long and about 11 miles wide.

I was on holiday. Cost a mint! Barbados is not that thrilling either.

good stuff, was going to go with the mrs last year but we opted for mauritius instead

Yup, barbados costs a mint. Took the mrs in November. Little change from 6k! Nice if you wanna doss on the beach, other n that not upto much over there.
Know what u mean about weird and wonderful methods over there too, all done arse about face.
Good job on that award tho, nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.