Ballsed up!! Vitcas plaster

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basset

What a nightmare of a day, used vitcas a couple of times in the past and had to use it again today. However I f**ked it up right from the start when I slipped with the bucket and put to much water in it. It took bloody ages for it to go off! What a waste of a day!
Hate the bloody stuff then didnt get a great finish pissed me off,

Any of you lads had trouble with it?
Of not then please just say yes to make me feel better.

Whens everyone finishing Christmas?

Yeah I couldn't think how to describe it. As it started to go off I went to trowel it up and was abit to impatient and just tore it - which then pissed me off even more. Don't want to touch the stuff for another 5 years!

Yeah I couldn't think how to describe it. As it started to go off I went to trowel it up and was abit to impatient and just tore it - which then pissed me off even more. Don't want to touch the stuff for another 5 years!

I swore id never use it again...just tell them to tile in the future lol

I've said the same thing, although I have a feeling I may have to return to patch it in abit. If I get asked to use it again - I'll just tell them to use sand cement and lime with a sponge finish. Buggerd if I'm using that again. Bloody expensive too.

When I used the stuff for insert fire I had to chop render off around opening re render with there stuff ,fix stop beads round the edge of new render meeting old ,then used vitcas skimming but they recommend you put on and use straight edge as is impossible to get flat by troweling , then let go off not being impatient leave it and can up good ,then next day skim wall into stop beads

Yes @basset , nightmare product :RpS_mad:

Last day for me tomorrow, nice easy day :RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Victas is a nightmare if your timings are wrong, on a lighter note that's me finished and on the lash till the 6th happy days:RpS_thumbsup:

I got the finish smooth although not very flat. There was a few duvets but hopefully when the log burner goes in it will hide most of it. Is it possible to get it flat then? As from the nightmare I had - I gave up on life. Thank f**k it's the Christmas break.

Status
Not open for further replies.