bal sbr ......I think I got it wrong .ran out of pva.. plastering

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny10ball

Hi lads just done an artex room reskim .I for got bring th3 pva and was passed some bal sbr soo . watered it down around 2-1 rolled it on waited 20mins and its real sticky.so I cracked on .
now reading abit about it its for outside work (render) ect..
will I be ok or will I be revisiting the job??

I know a tiler who sbrs existing walls before tiling. swears by it. should be ok, never done it myself

I've used sbr a couple of times, had trouble with it! It goes like glass, & when troweling up I'd tear the skim off the wall a little, only in spots though, at least with pva, it will still allow a little suction! Sbr is a right nightmare to clean off anything too! Don't leave the brush in it overnight, lol!

will be ok as it was still tacky when u applied the plaster.. doing it the other way round and using internal materials outside is a different story

will be ok as it was still tacky when u applied the plaster.. doing it the other way round and using internal materials outside is a different story
saw a window fixer put on external revels using bonding and then rubbing it up with a sponge float , looked nice , must check to see how they doing after the ast five years :huh:

Hi lads just done an artex room reskim .I for got bring th3 pva and was passed some bal sbr soo . watered it down around 2-1 rolled it on waited 20mins and its real sticky.so I cracked on .
now reading abit about it its for outside work (render) ect..
will I be ok or will I be revisiting the job??

Won't be a problem ,used to use it all the time inside and out ,just too expensive compared to PVA

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Does SBR react differently with gypsum as apposed to sand/cement?
i.e. Would mixing in SBR to a plaster mix not work as well as sand/cement?

Status
Not open for further replies.