Bal bond SBR instead of PVA

Members online

bilge

As the title. I am only using it on the board edges and screw heads of my over boarding project so only need a small amount so rather than buy 5ltr of PVA could I use SBR which I have spare from some tiling.
GOOGLE ---- SBR, or Styrene Butadiene Rubber, is a water resistant bonding and sealing agent, and shares many similar characteristics with PVA. One key difference is that, whereas PVA remains water soluble after drying, once dry SBR is not.

DAFD1D02-CE16-4B6F-B4A2-6D69AD7FBFD2.gif

Ohh

Attachments

• xT9IglUhUe8FQlxW0g.gif
    xT9IglUhUe8FQlxW0g.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 186
As the title. I am only using it on the board edges and screw heads of my over boarding project so only need a small amount so rather than buy 5ltr of PVA could I use SBR which I have spare from some tiling.
GOOGLE ---- SBR, or Styrene Butadiene Rubber, is a water resistant bonding and sealing agent, and shares many similar characteristics with PVA. One key difference is that, whereas PVA remains water soluble after drying, once dry SBR is not.
Yep 4 coats of sbr don’t forget to grit it first (just incase) I always follow up with a neat pva...o and use some extra time in the gear s**t might get real!