Bags of plaster going down in size

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minh

Apparently, the weight of bagged plaster is going down to 19 kg to conform to new H&S rules regarding the maximum weight limit for women.

Because we can not retire at 65 now,they will be easier to carry upstairs on customers houses when we are in our 80s.

:RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh:"oh , I ran out of stuff, then I remembered I had two bags in my lunch box that I packed instead of my sandwiches."

Maybe the pen pushers should've taken the time to ask me what I thought about it. It's not like there's loads of women plasterers knockin about is there? Yeah the bags are heavy after you've shifted a few but I definitely would prefer to lift a bit more weight than be paying the same price for less in a bag! On a job at the mo and phase one was up two flights of stairs and have carried 15bags into the property so far thats about 60st I think without too much bitching. If I couldn't do the work I wouldn't. End of. And I'm just under 10st myself and 5ft2 so it's not like I'm 'hench as fcuk' lol

Maybe the pen pushers should've taken the time to ask me what I thought about it. It's not like there's loads of women plasterers knockin about is there? Yeah the bags are heavy after you've shifted a few but I definitely would prefer to lift a bit more weight than be paying the same price for less in a bag! On a job at the mo and phase one was up two flights of stairs and have carried 15bags into the property so far thats about 60st I think without too much bitching. If I couldn't do the work I wouldn't. End of. And I'm just under 10st myself and 5ft2 so it's not like I'm 'hench as fcuk' lol

Rrr 5ft2" bet a hop up won't do for the tops of the walls :huh:

i shouldn't be the plaster they are shedding weight off it should be them fckin fireline!! Lugging 80 of them boards into a flat is just killer!

Rrr 5ft2" bet a hop up won't do for the tops of the walls :huh:

i shouldn't be the plaster they are shedding weight off it should be them fckin fireline!! Lugging 80 of them boards into a flat is just killer!

Ha no I'm on little light weight ladders most of the time! Which I fell off the other day from the top of them. Skin taken off and massive bruise on my leg as well as damaged pride and lost dignity in front of others working there :-(

I've boarded out aquapanel before on my own, that was fcukin hard!! Got stuck on ladders in akward position, couldn't move, arms start shaking as I try to keep hold of the board just thinking, right, you've got to do it because there's no way you're dropping this!!

Ha no I'm on little light weight ladders most of the time! Which I fell off the other day from the top of them. Skin taken off and massive bruise on my leg as well as damaged pride and lost dignity in front of others working there :-(

I've boarded out aquapanel before on my own, that was fcukin hard!! Got stuck on ladders in akward position, couldn't move, arms start shaking as I try to keep hold of the board just thinking, right, you've got to do it because there's no way you're dropping this!!

:RpS_lol:

I cud lend you a couple of 100mm

Apparently, the weight of bagged plaster is going down to 19 kg to conform to new H&S rules regarding the maximum weight limit for women.
With regards to manual handling the HSE dont state any maximum weights, they say the maximum weight is what you as a person can comfortably carry, and as each of us are different the weight limit for each individual is different

Well that's a bit crap. I think it's just some weak and feeble boys blaming us women, when in fact it's them that need the weight dropping!

Status
Not open for further replies.