Bagged basecoats

Members online

I'm trying different bagged basecoats for jobs instead of the usual 4/1 sc. So far I think Alsecco have some nice stuff. Just a shame their delivery charge is so high.
Anyway I've got a nice autumn leaf stippled render job starting and wanted to know if any of you lads out there would recommend a nice bagged basecoat to use, that's nice and buttery.
Over to you boys......

If that's 9+ vat you'd be better buying from up't north and paying carriage for the amounts you'd use.

image.jpeg
This stuff is s**t. It is using hawk and trowel anyway

maite is an adhesive to be used in conjuction with ewi, so as a base adhesive coat over eps insulation, phenolic etc, 4 mm ish thickness for there dpr coating, or a bagged mineral render [there ehi]

Last edited:
You want to be leaving your base coats overnight minimum to dry before going over. And was it ehi you used standard mono on insulation is too heavy and it has a chance of cracking down the line, that's why parex make ehi in the standard monorex colours.

Just the bag in the picture we used, thanks for your input owls. I've got plenty to learn on the mono rendering think I need to spend some time with an established gang.

What's the idea of mixing up and letting the gear sit in the bucket for 5 minutes before whisking it again? Setting times I'm guessing?

I've got about 500m2 to do.... Hand applied :crying: luckily I'm on a nice little skimming job today because it's raining

What's the idea of mixing up and letting the gear sit in the bucket for 5 minutes before whisking it again? Setting times I'm guessing?

Has more to do with application , make it easier to apply , and adhesion. Even so I can still say is not one of my favourites. Make sure is not dry, cos will come off, especially if you d&d