bad plastering job

Members online

philip1982

Hi i need some help with some work i had done i dont think the work is that good but the plasterer is saying its just me and i just dont want to pay him.

please can i get some advise as he wants to take me to court to get his money these are about 2% of the issues
IMG_0090[1].JPG
IMG_0089[1].JPG
IMG_0088[1].JPG
IMG_0078[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0081[1].JPG
    IMG_0081[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,537
Proper s**t that has someone had a go with filler on that reveal?

I wouldn't be filling anything if I was you. tell him to sort it

Was this guy recommended to you? Or was he just the cheapest and could do it before any of the other real plasterers were available.

Was this guy recommended to you? Or was he just the cheapest and could do it before any of the other real plasterers were available.
Dont matter, if someone says they can do the job they should be able to do it....the public dont understand our price structure so cheap just seems good value to them....its not mrs jones fault she gets mugged off by a s**t plasterer and a good salesman....not a dig at you just an opinion of when a lot on here say they deserve it for going cheap

Dont matter, if someone says they can do the job they should be able to do it....the public dont understand our price structure so cheap just seems good value to them....its not mrs jones fault she gets mugged off by a s**t plasterer and a good salesman....not a dig at you just an opinion of when a lot on here say they deserve it for going cheap
But too many go for the cheapest guy and whoever can do the job quickest. No regard for who is going to do the best work. Your on mybuilder so if someone gets in touch with you they can be confident of getting a good job because of positive feedback, if someone rings me because I have come recommended then they decide I'm not the man because I can't do the work in the next couple days then that's just a poor choice. Unlucky for the person who posted this thread I feel for them but they don't have to pay for that work and next time hopefully they will choose a reputable tradesman.

Thtas shite but you don't need me to tell you that now. Have you got any more pictures and where are you. I could put it right if you are local to me

Awful logic. It's joe publics job to do their homework on tradesmen they are letting in their home to work for them - for payment. That attitude is the reason so many cowboys get away with it in the first place.

Seriously? Your taking the piss surely? Easy fill would get over it but that's unacceptable.
There is 2 sides to the story. If you ask me they don't want to pay. It's painted and the plasterer has not been paid?? So id say it was skimmed over 2 weeks ago. Maybe the plasterer offerd to bond and skim the walls but they didn't want to pay for that just skim. We don't know what he had to go over. And as I said 5 min with easy fill what's the problem. Am not defending the plasterer am just saying we don't know what the story is. It's easy for all u skimming heroes that never needed a bit of fillers after yous.

There is 2 sides to the story. If you ask me they don't want to pay. It's painted and the plasterer has not been paid?? So id say it was skimmed over 2 weeks ago. Maybe the plasterer offerd to bond and skim the walls but they didn't want to pay for that just skim. We don't know what he had to go over. And as I said 5 min with easy fill what's the problem. Am not defending the plasterer am just saying we don't know what the story is. It's easy for all u skimming heroes that never needed a bit of fillers after yous.
It's just not good enough, any decent plasterer on the forum can see that's poor. Perhaps the job was tricky perhaps the customer is a pain and doesn't want to pay but one thing for certain is the quality is not there. Whoever skimmed that would see the s**t up the bead and misses everywhere and decided I won't put that right I'll leave it for someone else to do. Not the way I roll.

It's just not good enough, any decent plasterer on the forum can see that's poor. Perhaps the job was tricky perhaps the customer is a pain and doesn't want to pay but one thing for certain is the quality is not there. Whoever skimmed that would see the s**t up the bead and misses everywhere and decided I won't put that right I'll leave it for someone else to do. Not the way I roll.
I agree. But 5 min will put it right. Am sure who ever did it offered to put it right. I smell a rat on this one tbh

It's sub standard so pay him minus the deccys rate to fill/sand etc . To make it look right ,Simple.
Alternatively tell him to go fuk himself
There again if I'm paying for summin I want it not part of it or sub standard.
This is going on what I can see and info given.

Awful logic. It's joe publics job to do their homework on tradesmen they are letting in their home to work for them - for payment. That attitude is the reason so many cowboys get away with it in the first place.
What homework can they do, unless they get soemone recommended? any t**t can make website photos look good....is anyone in real life going to view reference jobs to have a room skimmed?....maybe for a render but not skimming...when was the last time someone said I want to view your previous skimming jobs....youd tell them to feck off if they asked

Take the photos to trading standards with a list of your concerns and the will tell you and even put in a letter where you stand . Or go on the H.H.B.C web site and look at the section on plastering standards to see what an acceptable finish should be .

Take the photos to trading standards with a list of your concerns and the will tell you and even put in a letter where you stand . Or go on the H.H.B.C web site and look at the section on plastering standards to see what an acceptable finish should be .
NHBC? Trading standards won't do s**t, give the guy a chance to put it right if he won't tell him to get to f**k. The work looks s**t but Without seeing what the rest of the work you could be picking out silly bits on a five bedroom house he may not have done, could of got someone off here for the day ;)

Sod it I'm going with the pay him crew ,like clemo said we don't know the story and the pictures are not to revealing in my opinion, also like kitchy said one time you can't tell jack from a photo.

All for one and one for all