Bad job, difficulty to rectify?

Members online

grenwitch

Recently had some work done by a guy with good reviews on Tustatrader, however the quality of the work is abysmal, I've attached some pictures. Behind this is a pipe there was previously some vertical angling in the lime, but it was aesthetically OK.

I'm just curious how this would be resolved and the cost of doing so, it's around 50/60cm in width, typical Victorian house height. My initial thought was scrape and sand and see how it turns out, but on reflection now, it definitely needs professional help.

Attachments

• PXL_20201105_151356226.jpg
    PXL_20201105_151356226.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 494
  • PXL_20201105_151452048.jpg
    PXL_20201105_151452048.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 464
  • PXL_20201105_151457884.jpg
    PXL_20201105_151457884.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 462
Don’t know how trust a trader works but you need to tell them - criminal
My first ever wall was way better than that...

Moving forward: get a reputable plasterer in. One from word of mouth, from people you trust yourself, who have the same values that you do

That wasn’t done by a plasterer

Interestingly his tagline on Trust-a-Trader is plastering... my dad did some plastering in my bathroom back home and it was fine. The mind boggles because I can't reconcile the guy's rating on the site and this result?!

Recently had some work done by a guy with good reviews on Tustatrader, however the quality of the work is abysmal, I've attached some pictures. Behind this is a pipe there was previously some vertical angling in the lime, but it was aesthetically OK.

I'm just curious how this would be resolved and the cost of doing so, it's around 50/60cm in width, typical Victorian house height. My initial thought was scrape and sand and see how it turns out, but on reflection now, it definitely needs professional help.
You've been caspered. Was he driving a sport van?

You've been at such pains to get close ups that it's hard to see but it looks like a simple overskim would fix it.

If you're going to sand then don't bother trying to sand the plaster. Go over it with easyfil or jointing compound and sand that back.

And it's not a question of trust with a job like that. Inspect the work at the end and don't pay the man if you're not happy.

I hope to f**k you didn't pay @Casper

Pm me
I’m not far from you

How big is the wall?

This entire wall probably 6m length, maybe 250cm (it's a Victorian house, I'm guessing with height). This section is a ~60cm slither.

To give you more entertainment value, the actual job was lime skimming to fix some previous penetrating damp from blocked gutters. I then decided to go with exposed bricks... During that process his laborer burrowed into the corner of the room the wall surrounds, creating a nice crack all the way down the wall, thus resulting in this piece of art.

This entire wall probably 6m length, maybe 250cm (it's a Victorian house, I'm guessing with height). This section is a ~60cm slither.

To give you more entertainment value, the actual job was lime skimming to fix some previous penetrating damp from blocked gutters. I then decided to go with exposed bricks... During that process his laborer burrowed into the corner of the room the wall surrounds, creating a nice crack all the way down the wall, thus resulting in this piece of art.
Well you shouldn't call yourself gren witch if you dont want people to think you're a Doris, should you?

I think if I'd f**k*d somebody's wall up, I'd be inclined to skim the whole wall for them. More work but only takes the same amount of time as a patch.

Thing about patching is sometimes they come out perfect and occasionally they don't.

Can't comment on the difficulty of patching of course, but yeah odd attitude if I'm honest, very keen initially then quickly it was obvious his motivation evaporated.

Why not ask Trust a Trader for advice, if they recommened a crap guy maybe they will volunteer a good one? Or be reaally embarrassed that they cannot tell a plasterer from a general labourer. Did they inspect his qualifications? How many of his claimed jobs did they check on? Etc etc.
You won't get anywhere but might have to fun..

Why not ask Trust a Trader for advice, if they recommened a crap guy maybe they will volunteer a good one? Or be reaally embarrassed that they cannot tell a plasterer from a general labourer. Did they inspect his qualifications? How many of his claimed jobs did they check on? Etc etc.
You won't get anywhere but might have to fun..

Trust a Trader etc. are self service I think, they just verify you're a legit business/sole trader, fella has quite a number of positive reviews. Maybe those are doctored

Self service is right!.. I understand it is very easy to get a few mates to post reviews, probably some opportunistic types advertise their positive and negative reviews service for a fee - according to a few august bodies.