Bad EWI/plastering in Rotherham

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

Had a call today while working asking to go and price some internal work up, on a council estate in Rotherham, I arranged to be there at half 3.

Got to the area and decided to have a look at the EWI which has been going on for a few months now, random houses and gable ends on these terraced houses have been finished work is still going on but at the other end of the estate.

Spoke to a resident about the work and he told me foreigners did the work, and it was a plumbing/gas company that organised the work (not a major company)

In short the work was shocking, it had been up for 4 weeks, ill try and upload some photos I took but I'm **** on phones and computers so be patient ill see if I can get them on.

The internal plastering was 2 x ceilings, a bathroom walls only, and a cupboard d&d and skim. Asian customer.

He had had a Chinese plasterer in who had plastered over wood, done the walls first left the ceiling and not used beads, but he couldn't finish the job as he had been deported back to china. I have to let this asian guy know my price this evening and would like some help on how to politely reject his very kind offer of work.

Sorry but no pictures, ill try get the ewi ones up. Bare with me

Mac

Tell him just that.

Drop him an email or letter saying, after viewing the plastering work you require completing I would like to inform you that I will not be providing a quote to carry out these works.

Or something like that. I have done the over charge thing and telling them I am too busy, but it back fired on me in the past. They sometimes pay or say they will wait for you. It's best to be honest.

Double/triple the price.
Or say your booked up for next 3months or whatever.
:RpS_wink:

couple of weeks ago i was wayyyyy over pricing things to try and put people off but it was backfiring on me and i was getting every one of them now ive just resorted to telling them i cnt do it for at least 3 months they soon say see ya later:RpS_thumbup:

Didn't see your post Carlos lol.

Thing is if you don't want to do the job don't do it mate :RpS_thumbup:
you got 2 choices 1 make up a lie or 2 tell em the truth or 3 ignore em

I turn sh1t jobs down all the time, hang on maybe that's where I'm going wrong :RpS_unsure:

couple of weeks ago i was wayyyyy over pricing things to try and put people off but it was backfiring on me and i was getting every one of them now ive just resorted to telling them i cnt do it for at least 3 months they soon say see ya later:RpS_thumbup:

Even if they accept the quote you've still got to agree a date to start,
so you can ask when they want it done & then say oh I'm booked up till whenever.....
:RpS_wink:
Then if they say they'll wait RUUUUUN!!!! :RpS_scared:

It was unreal, the worst plastering I have seen in a long time.

The ewi was even worse, it had been up for 4 weeks, the bottom 1-2 inch along the Bellcast had fallen out nearly everywhere, massive cracks, joint lines everywhere, gone round downpipes.

Won't let me upload photos for some reason, see what I can do

Regarding the internal work, he was quite rude, rung me at 12, and asked me to get there for 13.30, I told him I was working and could get at 15.30, even then he was late.

I didn't mind though I was admiring the external work, I'm no expert, iv done a few ewi with a company, but leaving it like it was, in real.

It was dashed in black and white stones, if anyone is interested.

@Nisus its funny last year i was ment to be busy and i couldnt give myself away to anyone for a days work but now ive taken on a full time job with a firm im getting calls everyday and winning prices that are 2 3 sometimes 4 times over what they should be.
my opinion just tell him your too busy and you wouldnt be able to commit to a date for at least 3 months

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm going to ring him tomorrow and tell him that's the worst plastering iv ever seen and I don't want my work anywhere near the china mans walls.

For that reason "I'm out"

@Nisus its funny last year i was ment to be busy and i couldnt give myself away to anyone for a days work but now ive taken on a full time job with a firm im getting calls everyday and winning prices that are 2 3 sometimes 4 times over what they should be.
my opinion just tell him your too busy and you wouldnt be able to commit to a date for at least 3 months

It's always the same mate, happens to me go an work for a firm when your quiet & then all hell breaks loose with your own work
:RpS_laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a call today while working asking to go and price some internal work up, on a council estate in Rotherham, I arranged to be there at half 3.

Got to the area and decided to have a look at the EWI which has been going on for a few months now, random houses and gable ends on these terraced houses have been finished work is still going on but at the other end of the estate.

Spoke to a resident about the work and he told me foreigners did the work, and it was a plumbing/gas company that organised the work (not a major company)

In short the work was shocking, it had been up for 4 weeks, ill try and upload some photos I took but I'm **** on phones and computers so be patient ill see if I can get them on.

The internal plastering was 2 x ceilings, a bathroom walls only, and a cupboard d&d and skim. Asian customer.

He had had a Chinese plasterer in who had plastered over wood, done the walls first left the ceiling and not used beads, but he couldn't finish the job as he had been deported back to china. I have to let this asian guy know my price this evening and would like some help on how to politely reject his very kind offer of work.

Sorry but no pictures, ill try get the ewi ones up. Bare with me

Mac

He wont pay the going rate anyway so no need to panic about getting the job

It's always the same mate, happens to me go an work for a firm when your quiet & then all hell breaks loose with your own work
:RpS_laugh:
i just do my own bits on the side now i decided to stick with this firm i earn well and regularly and scotts always got loads of work on so its nice to have the security for my family rather than worrying if we will be able to get by month to month

Why are you obligated to call him at all? If u don't wanna do it don't call him back at all????

customers never ring you to expalin why they wont be hiring you when they think your too expensive

Ah rite

fair enough then :RpS_thumbup:

what ever outrageous quote you have in ye head x it by 2

Can somebody let me know if the link works please? Not sure it will as I am logged in to photo bucket so they come up straight away

If not ill try again tomoz, I am going for a beer or 5

I can see them. Shocking work, would use stronger language but don't want to offend anyone.do you think they got payed ?.

I can see them. Shocking work, would use stronger language but don't want to offend anyone.do you think they got payed ?.

Swear away mate you won't offend anyone.
Your in the swearing section anyway, it's fcuking great in here :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.