Bad day at the office

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Oh dear, after a good start with the Ritmo last week we or that should say I managed to feck it right up today and the day was finished off by bad luck.
All started ok and for the first half a m2 all seemed good and then suddenly we were just spraying pissy wet gear. Anyway quick call (very long) to Les and much help and advise came our way. At the end of the chat Les says "now turn the power back on", click that's fecking great now the power has tripped.
The client is in the house fast asleep having done a night shift and as he warned nothing would wake him so for the second time the Ritmo got cleaned out at home.
Oh well there's always tomorrow.

did you put too much water in at start up ?

I think we must have Ian, also we hadn't checked our filters, although it would have been difficult as we didn't even know where one of them was:RpS_blushing:
Anyway we're going to have another go tomorrow and Stu's only scraping in the morning if we need help.

I have been there so many times. It is remembering all the little things like priming it right, filters, and keeping the air hole clean on the gun. On the training day it is a lot to take in and when you only use the machine a few times a year you forget. My most recent mistake was not cleaning around the area where the shaft comes out of the motor. Never thought of that and next thing I have an oil leak.

Without Les I would have probably chucked the Monojet on the nearest scrap wagon. He told me when I bought it off Chris on here without training it would not work. So right! I thought you simply plugged it into the genny, connected it to the water, put powder in and away you went. As if.

What was the problem mate? Got a ritmo myself. Had a nightmare myself to start, but she and I have finally come good

I feel you pain essexandy I myself have a ritmo and hav now completed 4 mono jobs in the last three months not big ones like the big guys on here around 70 mtr hits and made a few school boy errors,and like rigsby said not using it all the time you forget the simple little things that you were taught on training,I had the Blones for my training and I have him on speed dial now and good service and advice from him.anyhow keep an eye out for my next post on here in the next couple of days as its about the last mono job I did nearly three weeks ago and it's a funny storey my machine friends.so just to say Essexandy chin up pal keep with it I am and it's sort of getting easier.lol

What was the problem mate? Got a ritmo myself. Had a nightmare myself to start, but she and I have finally come good

I think we'd put a little to much water in the pot before startup and then the power failed.

Today we had another mare where the gear just seemed to turn to piss after another half m2.
I phoned Stu and he couldn't figure out were we'd gone wrong. To his huge credit he left what he was doing in Suffolk and came down to sort the situation out and then had to go all the way back to spray a wall himself.
Once the Ritmo is running properly it's awesome and really is so much easier than handballing the gear on let alone getting it up there to start with.
So a big thanks to Stuart of UK Plastering machines.

Your bridging it Andy. What inlet you using now? Just use the top and make sure u run it almost as soon as you put powder in it. Are you running it with out the pipes connected first to check consistency?

You'll have a bill land on your doormat tomorrow morning Andy

You could be right Richard as we didn't have a single doughnut with us.

Your bridging it Andy. What inlet you using now? Just use the top and make sure u run it almost as soon as you put powder in it. Are you running it with out the pipes connected first to check consistency?

We're using the top inlet now Steve but Stu did away with the new plastic water insert altogether. The machine kept on tripping out today which Stu said is probably down to the mains supply we're using. We had an extension lead running from the transformer to the Ritmo, Stu has said we need to plug the machine straight into the transformer instead.
What sort of setup do you use Steve?

We had issues with tripping at first. what transformer you using? Ours has 1 32 amp socket and 2 16 amp.

I run the ritmo and air compressor of the 32 and the water pump of one of the 16

We had issues with tripping at first. what transformer you using? Ours has 1 32 amp socket and 2 16 amp.

I run the ritmo and air compressor of the 32 and the water pump of one of the 16

We bought two 5kva transformers and run the Ritmo with compressor of one via a 16amp outlet and run the water pump of the other transformer, although as I said we've had an extension lead running from both transformers to where we're setup.
Do you run extension leads Steve.

if those extension leads are 1.5mm Andy where they should be 2.5mm you will have problems very much like you are having. The 2 cables you were supplied are 25mts long and 2.5mm for each pube of earth,live and neutral. you should only ever use these. Use an extension lead and u will get problems every time.

I think we'd put a little to much water in the pot before startup and then the power failed.

Today we had another mare where the gear just seemed to turn to piss after another half m2.
I phoned Stu and he couldn't figure out were we'd gone wrong. To his huge credit he left what he was doing in Suffolk and came down to sort the situation out and then had to go all the way back to spray a wall himself.
Once the Ritmo is running properly it's awesome and really is so much easier than handballing the gear on let alone getting it up there to start with.
So a big thanks to Stuart of UK Plastering machines.

So what was the problem in making run like water? I take it this is a 110v with all the talk of transformers? I have trouble with transformers. I have 2 x 1900w breakers and need a 5 kva tranny for them. Sometimes I run 3 breakers and the tranny trips. Apart from this 5 kva tranny I have got now most of my trannys trip on plug in. Ok if they are warm but cold the mcb,s and rcd,s trip.

There was talk like this on the l&D forum regarding solenoids. prone to going wrong when the machine is left idle?

Steve, am I right in thinking you mainly use your machine for skimming? Do you need a different compressor to the onboard one when spraying skim?

if those extension leads are 1.5mm Andy where they should be 2.5mm you will have problems very much like you are having. The 2 cables you were supplied are 25mts long and 2.5mm for each pube of earth,live and neutral. you should only ever use these. Use an extension lead and u will get problems every time.

We didn't get two 25m cables Ian. Onto the back of our Ritmo we push a two way splitter box on which we then put the compressor cable into with one cable running from this to the power. This is what was supplied, is this not the norm?

We didn't get two 25m cables Ian. Onto the back of our Ritmo we push a two way splitter box on which we then put the compressor cable into with one cable running from this to the power. This is what was supplied, is this not the norm?

This is what we had as well Andy. I made up some extra 2.5mm extensions one 16amp both ends and one 32 amp with a 16amp plug on the other end.

We had major issues with tripping when using normal 110v leads.

you should have had 2 x 25 mts of 2.5mm cable

Mixing pump PFT RITMO powercoat
complete with:
– Material hopper with rubber mixing zone
– Control unit
– with integrated frequency converter
– Geared motor 1.5 kW
– Pump system A 2–2.5 L
– with agitator RITMO powercoat and
– hardened chrome stainless steel rotor
– Integrated mortar pressure gauge
– with diaphragm pressure sensor
– RONDO 13 mm, 15 m, cpl.
– with hydraulically fitted couplings
– PVC hose NW 9 x 3 mm, 15 m –
– with EWO-coupling
– Extension cable 16 m for remote switch
2 x Power cable 3 x 2.5mm2, 25 m with
– plug with earthing contact and CEE plug

– Air compressor DT 4.8, 110 V
– Mixing shaft RITMO powercoat, galvanized
– Water injection nozzle
– Water flow meter 31.5 – 315 l/h
– Spraying gun 750 mm, cranked
– Cleaner coupling 13 female
– with Geka coupling powercoat

Steve, am I right in thinking you mainly use your machine for skimming? Do you need a different compressor to the onboard one when spraying skim?

We mainly use the ritmo for mp75 and renders as there are much better profits to be made on them over skimming.

To be honest skimming has had issues which we have only just fixed with a modified mixing shaft, however I still feel that the on board compressor is not powerful enough to spray any skim so that the plaster is not over textured once it is on the board work.

We had a go recently with Knaufs ritmo at their training center and their setup used a 400 l/ m compressor which seemed much better. We are hoping to borrow a higher powered compressor to test soon.

Got one black 2.5 mm 16 amp lead with the splitter same as Andy did. Once we sorted out not trying to use normal 110v leads we have been fine.

Had a few trips on the last job but genny was ready and fired up in a few mins.

you should have had 2 x 25 mts of 2.5mm cable

Mixing pump PFT RITMO powercoat
complete with:
– Material hopper with rubber mixing zone
– Control unit
– with integrated frequency converter
– Geared motor 1.5 kW
– Pump system A 2–2.5 L
– with agitator RITMO powercoat and
– hardened chrome stainless steel rotor
– Integrated mortar pressure gauge
– with diaphragm pressure sensor
– RONDO 13 mm, 15 m, cpl.
– with hydraulically fitted couplings
– PVC hose NW 9 x 3 mm, 15 m –
– with EWO-coupling
– Extension cable 16 m for remote switch
2 x Power cable 3 x 2.5mm2, 25 m with
– plug with earthing contact and CEE plug

– Air compressor DT 4.8, 110 V
– Mixing shaft RITMO powercoat, galvanized
– Water injection nozzle
– Water flow meter 31.5 – 315 l/h
– Spraying gun 750 mm, cranked
– Cleaner coupling 13 female
– with Geka coupling powercoat

Got one black 2.5 mm 16 amp lead with the splitter same as Andy did. Once we sorted out not trying to use normal 110v leads we have been fine.

I'm going to have a chat with Stu about this as we seem to keep needing extra items just to do what we thought we were going to be able to do after spending over 9k. So far a different mixing shaft, a water inlet insert and now leads. On the PFT website it shows the items that they (PFT) include in the package including the conversion kit, and we appear to be several items short. Both the mixing shaft and the inlet part are in their package.

How long was that lead Steve was it a 10 mtr one

You should have had 2 x 25 mtr ones. As it says in the list

One 25 meter black lead supplied.

Andy hurry up and spray some skim I wanna know if yours has material delivery issues like ours does with the standard powercoat mixing shaft.

I have seen the video of the Ritmo skimming. Super fast and mega metre-age. Err, anyone thought about troweling this lot up when it all sets as fast as it was put on?

Me thinks, tennis elbow, tynosynovitus, frozen shoulder.

One 25 meter black lead supplied.

Andy hurry up and spray some skim I wanna know if yours has material delivery issues like ours does with the standard powercoat mixing shaft.

Are you sure that the black lead you were supplied is 25mtrs Steve as our's is only 10mtrs?

i no its slightly different as mine was 240, but i got a 20ish m lead with 2 plugs on the end for comp and ritmo. i had a couple of probs with tripping, but i could never really put my finger on why, i think it was over sensitive fuse boxes as it was very rare it happened. again i never had probs with the standard m mixing shaft for finish or render. grump on here has an L and 2 mixing shafts and i dont think hes had an probs with them. i dont know why you lot get 2 shafts with the 110v?gear coming through pissy after 1 meter is prob too much water on startup. and dont start it until the gear is actually in the hopper. dont start it as your pouring. i think everyone will agree the problems 95% to do with the startup. if i was buying a machine for the 1st time again, i would almost definatly get someone experienced with that machine to do another day or 2 with me on site because as said its a lot to remember to start and 1 problem and you can lose half a day plus.

Last edited:
I would say that the half days training is plenty to get you going if all goes well but it's when you get something go wrong that's the problem.
I think to be fully confident there should be two days training supplied so that most scenarios and potential problems can be ironed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.