bad ceilings

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

larryjones

Hello my name is Larry i have just registered.

I have a bungalow that i am refurbing. There are several poor condition ceilings that need attention. have had a plasterer out to view and price but I am not sure about his advice. I dont mean to bad talk anyone hence no names but just want a second opinion for the confidence to proceed. One ceiling is cracked deeply and he has said it is solid to just tape and fill and then skim. A second has a paint/texture type finish that i began to scrape back and the left. He has recommended just skimming this as well. This one is not that solid. Flimsy if you understand. He has said the skimcoat will stiffen and it will be fine. A third has texture coating that has cracked and is coming off. For this he has recommended knocking out the whole ceiling - old plaster and lathe - reboarding with more noggins.

Oh, and lastly, there is one room with a cove where half has been knocked out because of recessed cupboarsd. He has said he cannot do this as he needs a bench? Is there anyway I can make a "shape" and do this myself?

Sorry for the long post.

ceiling2bad.jpg ceiling2bad.jpg

All these problems are not as bad as they look Larry where abouts are you ? I'm sure one of the lads on here could pop round and put your mind at rest :RpS_thumbup:

thanks. i am in haslemere. the picture is the one that has been scraped back somewhat. the second one that i mentioned. oh **** it i will be back in a mo - i will try and reduce the image size

Post your location and a means of contacting you (E mail is best - you can ignore ones you don;t want to read)

There are lots of experienced guys on here who will assist and price the work...

Good Luck mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.