back to work after nearly 6 months off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyscoob

well had nearly 6 months off work after my shoulder op and lots of physio, got to be honest i feel raring to go, but going to break myself in gently and still wait a few months more till i tack any ceilings never thought i would miss plastering that much
wouldn't reccommend a rotator cuff repair op to anyone spent 6 weeks in a sling night and day no driving for 2 1/2 months

6 months off!!ffs....best of luck to you sir(y)....after a week back at it youll want another 6 months off.lol

Its the lack of wanking or at the very least painful wanking would be the killer for me!

Work phhhhhh ter that!!!

well had nearly 6 months off work after my shoulder op and lots of physio, got to be honest i feel raring to go, but going to break myself in gently and still wait a few months more till i tack any ceilings never thought i would miss plastering that much
wouldn't reccommend a rotator cuff repair op to anyone spent 6 weeks in a sling night and day no driving for 2 1/2 months
Don't think you miss plastering mate its just keeping yourself busy and getting out of the house you miss ,good luck

After having a similar op myself about 14 years ago, first thing I did was a small bathroom ceiling, hurt like mad day after but best physio I could of had, take it easy bud or you can soon damage it again and best of luck to you

I think with site work and when I was doing it day in day out it was a given that most spreads over 45 would have a support somewhere either elbow or knee was the main one

When I have a holiday break i always think it take a couple of weeks to get back into it all, so if u been of ill take ya time and all the best..
Is it okay to ask was it because of plastering related work? the operation

I think with site work and when I was doing it day in day out it was a given that most spreads over 45 would have a support somewhere either elbow or knee was the main one

I can see why more plasterers are doing multi trades now...

When I have a holiday break i always think it take a couple of weeks to get back into it all, so if u been of ill take ya time and all the best..
Is it okay to ask was it because of plastering related work? the operation
no mates I fell over playing roller hockey and tore it
Worst part was it was my good shoulder and not my trowel arm which that one will need a op at some point

You must of had a job you enjoyed this year?

No lol. I've been on the tools 4 days in 2 months. I've just been subbing out the work. I just can't bring myself to go plastering. Am still in the bed now. I've even sold my plastering machine. I even get it hard to go price jobs.

Taking it easy at first is defo the way forwards. I have a pretty good idea how you must feel, I've had a much longer lay off and have been back on the trowel again for the last four weeks and my trowel arm shoulder just about seems to be easing up and the aches and pains subsiding.

Best of luck going forwards!!! (y)

No lol. I've been on the tools 4 days in 2 months. I've just been subbing out the work. I just can't bring myself to go plastering. Am still in the bed now. I've even sold my plastering machine. I even get it hard to go price jobs.
Did you sell ritmo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.