Back of your van

Members online

hail hail

Private Member
This pic isnt my own but mine isnt to far of this. Infact mine would be worse! How neat and tidy is your own or are you an untidy fcuker like myself. I do tidy i, its just after each few days, somehow it ends up the same state as this :(

van001_zps8d7eaf7b.jpg

Image0030.jpg

Would love something like this!

20140806_164640_RichtoneHDR.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

This is Julian's van transporter t5
Great idea & skills
Info for this on stanley forum
Some other lads have a similar set up

I keep saying
I need to do this to my van

But instead I opt for organised chaos lol

When you look into racking set ups they are mega money ..
If you have the skills & tools & decent ply
& have a weekend free
Get cracking

This pic isnt my own but mine isnt to far of this. Infact mine would be worse! How neat and tidy is your own or are you an untidy fcuker like myself. I do tidy i, its just after each few days, somehow it ends up the same state as this :(

van001_zps8d7eaf7b.jpg

Image0030.jpg

Would love something like this!

20140806_164640_RichtoneHDR.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg
Have a look on eBay for van racking there's some good ones for little money out of ply CNC cut. I was toying with the idea before to buy ready made one but it doesn't suit me needs, so I just knocked out 2 makeshift ones out of leftover mats

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Have a look on eBay for van racking there's some good ones for little money out of ply CNC cut. I was toying with the idea before to buy ready made one but it doesn't suit me needs, so I just knocked out 2 makeshift ones out of leftover mats

If they did ready made ply units for plasterers tools and materials there would sell loads..
Don't know why none of them have yet, they are always designed for plonker builders,joiner,electrician and idiot plumbers.

If they did ready made ply units for plasterers tools and materials there would sell loads..
Don't know why none of them have yet, they are always designed for plonker builders,joiner,electrician and idiot plumbers.
These companies always seem to cater for the primadonna trades.

I can make one, im handy with my hands thou always wondered how they attached them to the van. Where does one screw into.

Going ikea tomorrow to see what these are like for my van £18 screw them down to floor hey presto ikea van storage. :hola:
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40216357/
View attachment 10957

they look decent but looking at the measurements, its small
has anyone had one of these in the van?

Seen that earlier, lol. How in the name ofgood f**k did he end up like that!

Mines usually quite organized however all my kit is on the job atm. So my van has turned into a storage area for my boys bmx.

Its got some well made racking with little cubby holes on one shelf that I use for screws and nails,scrim tape,little trowels, cleaning stuff. Top shelf is for levels ad beads, middle for towel bag and towels, toolbag, cordless drills etc, bottom for mixing drill. Theres also a square box shape I added on the end for pva bucket so it dont fall over.

WP_20160403_08_59_13_Pro.jpg

Mines usually quite organized however all my kit is on the job atm. So my van has turned into a storage area for my boys bmx.

Its got some well made racking with little cubby holes on one shelf that I use for screws and nails,scrim tape,little trowels, cleaning stuff. Top shelf is for levels ad beads, middle for towel bag and towels, toolbag, cordless drills etc, bottom for mixing drill. Theres also a square box shape I added on the end for pva bucket so it dont fall over.

View attachment 10962

FFS sort yourselves out, make yourselves some shelving to suit yourselves I will take a pic of mine for you.
You end up carrying less crap then or breaking stuff as its all in one place.
My van is a lot tidier since I sorted mine out.

Also I have put in led lights in the back its bright as the living room now in the winter lol

Have a look at this on eBay might fit your van if you still looking item number 272222028432

Here are a few pics of my shelf unit I made, next van will be bigger and have draws and a locker made into it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 8,870
This pic will show u the LED strip and the old hop up storage

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 753
Yeah I got mine of amazon, just took out the light that was in there and got a 12v connection block. Wired them up kind of easier than I thought. I just made sure I had one of them battery tester screwdrivers so I could tell what was live.
They really make a difference in the winter think I paid £25 for the kit.

Yes about 5 years ago and the stool/hop up in middle from ikea £12
Finally made a start sorting van .. Found these in Ikea framed them with ply good deep storage boxes with flip up lids £5 each also got the 2 green ones out the kids section (lol) great for brush sponges clothes and bits and bob £3 each..still got to jig cut some access holes in the ply and create some more boxed in bits but overall it's nearly there.
WP_20160605_20_34_31_Pro.jpg
WP_20160605_20_35_03_Pro.jpg
WP_20160605_20_35_22_Pro.jpg
WP_20160605_20_35_56_Pro.jpg
WP_20160605_20_37_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20160605_17_37_08_Pro.jpg
WP_20160605_18_18_50_Pro.jpg
WP_20160605_17_37_31_Pro.jpg

Finally made a start sorting van .. Found these in Ikea framed them with ply good deep storage boxes with flip up lids £5 each also got the 2 green ones out the kids section (lol) great for brush sponges clothes and bits and bob £3 each..still got to jig cut some access holes in the ply and create some more boxed in bits but overall it's nearly there.
View attachment 12072 View attachment 12073 View attachment 12074 View attachment 12075 View attachment 12076 View attachment 12077 View attachment 12078 View attachment 12079
IKEA dustpan and brush unbeatable at 98p, a must have.
You blown some pretty penny on materials looks good!

IKEA dustpan and brush unbeatable at 98p, a must have.
You blown some pretty penny on materials looks good!

Ordered some draws that Wesley had on his van but wanted my boards up on the right side so changed my plans ..seen the bins in Ikea sorted for bits and bobs ..chucked everything else that didn't need out..ply and wood bits was about £170 not the best joinery skills but glad I nearly done

Ordered some draw that Wesley had on his van but wanted my boards up on the right side so changed my plans ..seen the bins in Ikea sorted for bits and bobs ..chucked everything else that didn't need out..ply and wood bits was about £170 not the best joinery skills but glad I nearly done
I had big plans to make something like wezlys even bought the gear to do it, then ended up knocking one out from offcuts out of the skip. I'm just too cheap

View attachment 12072 View attachment 12073 View attachment 12074 View attachment 12075 View attachment 12076 View attachment 12077 View attachment 12078 View attachment 12079
Nifty them...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Wow! Thats tidy.