B&Q whats is the point

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemp

hi guys not posted for a while but keep poping in etc
anyway went to b&q after work today to pick up some decking boards for my garden gave them my trade card and it knocked sweet FA of the price why i asked them is it only for certain items yet on Wednesday my dad can get money off everything in store told them what i thought about there trade card system etc was not happy lol had same problem when wanted pea gravel said i couldn't order i tone bag to be delivered cos was under hundred quid told them that's stupid went jacksons and got it delivered etc why try play with the big boys if ya not going to offer the goods ????

Moral of the story is just use b an screw for plaster....
.gravel, building mats etc find a good local independant merchants, same as timber, find a different supplier;)
box of 10 skim beads in a cardboard tube.( or a discount on the loose ones, that look like a rack of scrap)..£14 last time i walked by them.lol

they dont give a fuckk about trade...
wait till you try to get a delivery :risas2: thats another story:tonto:...done it once,and once only..lol:rayos:

I bought two of their black gorilla tubs a couple of weeks ago. Managed two mixes in them before the handles snapped and fell off!!! Absolute shite!!! Two mixes!!! I think they would have lasted longer if they were made out of cheese.

Its a diy store guys that's why.open a account at a merchants and get them to give you terms on plasterer and other gear needed

Lovely orange buckets
I brought two of their orange buckets once and this is the honest truth I didn't even get to use them for putting water in.one fell out the van when I opened the door and cracked and the other the same day I threw a small tape measure in and it broke the bottom. After that I brought a couple of blue ox buckets and at the time they had a five year guarantee with them,4 and a half years later they are still going strong,I have gained a few more since and they're well worth the extra pound or two.

Some nice girls in my local b and q. Like has been said it's good for gear but that's about it. Occasional special offers are good. You can get split bags for 50p as well. Rebagged. Bargain. Got some out of date gear last week. Hardball 50p a bag. Only a few weeks out of date. And a bag of East fill 20. Use by March 2014. Haven't tried that yet. But come in handy dabbing beads on somewhere. Like yeso rapido.

Yeah deliveries are shite. When we first started the manager wanted a meeting with us to get our business. I wanted like 2 pallet boards 2 multi etc usual shite per job. He said yeah great gave me his direct line deal straight to him.
went to order for monday am. Bearing in mind this was the tues before.

Yes we can order for monday but will be anytime from 8am and 6pm! Eeeeerrrrrr no thanks mate byeeee

I brought two of their orange buckets once and this is the honest truth I didn't even get to use them for putting water in.one fell out the van when I opened the door and cracked and the other the same day I threw a small tape measure in and it broke the bottom. After that I brought a couple of blue ox buckets and at the time they had a five year guarantee with them,4 and a half years later they are still going strong,I have gained a few more since and they're well worth the extra pound or two.

Where did you bring them from?

I use wickes as open at 7.30 near me the b&q only open at 8am !!! And the staff useless in Chorley and other large b&q is open at 7am but a fair bit out of my way depending where im grafting. I find merchants neaf me a pain in the arse and seems to take foreved to get your stuff or the yard is gridlocked withlocal authority vans !!?? Plus im a grumpy so and so in a morning so i try and load up at wickes on my way home from work to avoid getting wound up in a morning

Wickes delivery wasn't too bad when I used them about 3 yrs ago. U can order online which is handy and they rang me the night before to confirm it all.

Try asking one of the people that work in there a question that requires a bit of knowledge!! You can do it if u b&q it! My arse! :muyenojado::ROFLMAO:

Moral of the story is just use b an screw for plaster....
.gravel, building mats etc find a good local independant merchants, same as timber, find a different supplier;)
box of 10 skim beads in a cardboard tube.( or a discount on the loose ones, that look like a rack of scrap)..£14 last time i walked by them.lol

they dont give a fuckk about trade...
wait till you try to get a delivery :risas2: thats another story:tonto:...done it once,and once only..lol:rayos:
Wife says your getting banned again

B&Q and wickes are obviously diy driven, they make their money from joe bloggs doing day at the weekend.

I bought 5 75ltr gorilla tubs from wickes and 2 had holes in after 2 full mixes of mono, I took them back full of s**t and got 2 brand new.

My local wickes beg me to start using them for materials every time I go in, I use tp over the road, both diy merchants are trying to tap into the trade market but they are not set up for it, reason I don't use wickes is I'm not prepared to walk around with a trolley for 20-30 mins in morning dragging it through shop, tp let me back van in, load up and away.

I'll let you into another secret too, screwfix.

The likes of Bosch, dewalt, makita etc etc, make substandard tools especially for the likes of screwfix, b&q and wickes, that's why they sell them cheap, iv gone through endless drills when bought from these shops, the get diy tools and stick a brand names on so the diy'er feels special and the tradesmen feel safe with the brand.

I only noticed when I bought 2 x Bosch SDS drills exactly the same, 1 from turner and one from screwfix, the one from screwfix blew up after 13 months the one from turner is still going, same drill but different product code.

I also blew a dewalt SDS drill up from screwfix after 3 days, took it back in, it stunk of burnt plastic and got a refund.

Thanks for that Mac. The sheds have been doing the same with branded paints esp emulsions for few years now.

I wish wickes did a trade account, opens early (7am) closes late (9pm) prices labelled rather than depending what target a salesman has hit and also like @Marshy says. No need for any chit chat with the false chirpy c**t behind the counter.

I wish wickes did a trade account, opens early (7am) closes late (9pm) prices labelled rather than depending what target a salesman has hit and also like @Marshy says. No need for any chit chat with the false chirpy c**t behind the counter.
Wickes do a trade discount tho mate (if you didnt know ? ) they email you a code every month and details of the months discount. Its been 10% off anything over £10 spent last few month. Just sign up at the counter (y)

Had a Screwfix promo leaflet through the post today. Not one thing on there I would buy. All crap low amp hour power tools and cheapo brand tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.