b=q dont want me

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
parking with my plasterer for hire sign near to them .they say im on there land which is highly debateable.i park in a road that branches off from the samwe mini roundaboutthat the entrance ro there car park is.the road i park in is only about 10ft long then it finishes then waste land looks like in the future it will be completed.this happened yesterday they sent someone out who was appologetic,i told them i didnt think was on there land so call the police.i stayed for 2 more hours and no law arrived.im working till prob thurs but will be back what do you guys think is it possibly there land

Just put the sign in the window of your van....lol wear big garish t shirts :)

Or hire a fleet of vans and park them all up in the carpark with your Plasterer for hire down the side....

I dont think the police can do much but I am not lawyer

i know where u mean,where that trailer advert sign thing is. tell em to f**k off! thats bin there for years and i dont see how your van and sign is any different.

i know where u mean,where that trailer advert sign thing is. tell em to f**k off! thats bin there for years and i dont see how your van and sign is any different.

its near that but actually nearer to b+q but at the entrane and exit to there "land" or car park they have gates which ok are never closed why are they there and not further a long

ps abit gutted really cos its a good spot ive had a few leads and actual work.its hard work sat there for 4-5 hours and it really spurs you on when someone comes and gets a card.i really believe if i did it every day i have no work in a years time i shud have a good little round going.my best mate s sister is deputy editor of the local rag if i get nicked or cops move me ill be avin a word

just stay there till they physically move you, then just move to where i was on about, cant do nothin about u being there.

or what about this....

you know the trollies you get at B&Q just strap a sign to that and walk around the shop.... discreet enough but bloody obvious enough :)....

Its a cock but you will come up with something :)

Good luck

Hats of to you Rock, doing this when ya luck is down, all you need is idiots like this stopping a man from earning a crust.

Got to take my hat to you rock you are a get up go person. Another thing get the papers involved your bound to pick some work up.

Got to take my hat to you rock you are a get up go person. Another thing get the papers involved your bound to pick some work up.

i dont want them to be involved i just need some work,im cured with siyte work bosses taking the pee and this was a good way of getting local residential work.at the mo im giving cheap prices to get the work .

if they pull their weight i will be avin a word with the local rag tho

good on ya rock. stick to your guns and stay put, make sure you've got the local papers number on you in case snakey old bill turns up though.

if it's a public road and you're not obstructing trafffic or committing any traffic offences like yellow lines etc - it's all lawful

if they claim it's their land, then it's a civil matter - a dispute between you and the land owners. It's not a criminal offence. Ask them to prove its 'their land' in writing. That'll keep em busy.

i tried this down our way but so far no luck, just alot of builders i do know who have no work for me but see me giving me a call an takeing the pi$$. pretending they have work then laffing and saying naaa i dnt really. dnt think how frustrated you get when you have no work and need to work

i tried this down our way but so far no luck, just alot of builders i do know who have no work for me but see me giving me a call an takeing the pi$$. pretending they have work then laffing and saying naaa i dnt really. dnt think how frustrated you get when you have no work and need to work

i sit there for about 5 hours mate its hard.i have a big sign and so far ive had some work and about 10 people have took my card.the funny thing is no trade people have stopped only public.i found sat and sun to be the best but i have given cards out everyday.keep going make sure your in a prime position dont give in cos if you ve no work what else can you do.

Rock . Have you tried ringing local kitchen companies, conservatory companies , builders, electricians seeing if they got anything?
Failng that try leaflets drops down terrace houses or wickes travis perkins build base car park too!!!
I wouldnt worry about B and q the cops take 3 weeks to respond to a burglary so you low low priority mate,just keep doing your thing fcuk em.

i diddnt go out today i decided to sit in and sulk today i made numerous phone calls only to get the same as usuall "give me ya name and number and if anything comes in ill call ya"
you then never hear from them again.
running out of ideas

Rock . Have you tried ringing local kitchen companies, conservatory companies , builders, electricians seeing if they got anything?
Failng that try leaflets drops down terrace houses or wickes travis perkins build base car park too!!!
I wouldnt worry about B and q the cops take 3 weeks to respond to a burglary so you low low priority mate,just keep doing your thing fcuk em.

the reason im out there mate is that im cured of ringing all the types of people your suggesting believe me its much better outside b+q get more interest,i tried outside some merchants and all i got was sympathetic looks.it will take time to get going in a recession but i have had a weeks work from it off 2 people and hopefully more to come

i did the flyers it was 3 years before i got a call back from one haha, so technically they paid for them selfs but was it worth 3 years wait............im not convinced it was

good on ya Rock! Im sure that you can park in their carpark mate as long as you are buying something so park up and go in for a very long browse around the place,then buy something for 50p or something! put your number etc on the windscreen!:RpS_thumbup:

I got my arms, my hands, my fingers,
my legs, my feet, my toes,
and my liver, got my blood..

Last edited by a moderator:
advertising flyers etc only work if you consistently do them.... to get best results you need to advertise for a min of 3 months in a mag or newspaper. People will start to recognise you and remember your advert and they will grow in confidence and see that your not a fly by night cowboy (hopefully your not)

If you only do an ad every now and again people just wont remember you. Its kinder like brand awareness you have to keep putting something in front of someones eyes for them to remember you.

Danny

advertising flyers etc only work if you consistently do them.... to get best results you need to advertise for a min of 3 months in a mag or newspaper. People will start to recognise you and remember your advert and they will grow in confidence and see that your not a fly by night cowboy (hopefully your not)

If you only do an ad every now and again people just wont remember you. Its kinder like brand awareness you have to keep putting something in front of someones eyes for them to remember you.

Danny

Wise words danny...

too right danny i've had an ad in the local rags for 4yrs now and get a steady flow of calls. My mate tries it for 1 week and gets nothing and asks why am i bothering with it .

take the sand m8 lol
are thay giving away mats now too
when i used the old b&q in essex
there was a burger stand sold under the counter ciggs
was there well over 5 years
then they changed manager
jumped up little !##!
moved him on said he wasnt needed there no more !
now i stick my cards on the burger stand on the counter pople can just take one with there coffe

now and then i mite stick a card or two out on windscreens of work vans out side tradepoint lol
iv got one spark that use's me now and then

it s true they have put 4 tonne bags of gravel really not sand but this aint gonna stop me i can get round them and behind them .its not ideal as its gonna not be as noticable and believe me it was working im gutted im gonna see what the papers say i dont think its there land altho they must be confident that it is.
i really dont have any better ideas and they have made me sick coz i was genuinly doing no harm to them or there business and people who spoke to me thought it a great idea

they will probably say something stupid along the lines of you were distracting their customers or stopping peope concentrating on the road, ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.