B and q

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufweder

Run out of scrim today prior to skimming a ceiling nearest merchants was b&q so shot down there whilst I was there I started reading there plasterers guideline chart for Jo public to follow. It said each bag of multi finish would cover 2.75 meters squared what? One bag for 2.75 meters thought I'm not reading this right shouted my mate over he read it the same. The ceiling I was doing was around 27 metres so that's about 9 bags according to them. It took 2 where do they get these figures from so Jo public not having a clue wud work it out and probably buy enough skim for the whole house when all they wanted was enough for one room lol so anybody who has a customer who insists on buying there own gear send them to b&q and to look at chart and you will have enough gear for your next two jobs for free . Also it said thistle bond it same coverage per tub eh !!!! If me and my mate are making a mistake please let me know or have a look when your in there!

Run out of scrim today prior to skimming a ceiling nearest merchants was b&q so shot down there whilst I was there I started reading there plasterers guideline chart for Jo public to follow. It said each bag of multi finish would cover 2.75 meters squared what? One bag for 2.75 meters thought I'm not reading this right shouted my mate over he read it the same. The ceiling I was doing was around 27 metres so that's about 9 bags according to them. It took 2 where do they get these figures from so Jo public not having a clue wud work it out and probably buy enough skim for the whole house when all they wanted was enough for one room lol so anybody who has a customer who insists on buying there own gear send them to b&q and to look at chart and you will have enough gear for your next two jobs for free . Also it said thistle bond it same coverage per tub eh !!!! If me and my mate are making a mistake please let me know or have a look when your in there!
2 bag for 27m2? You scraping it on?

Yep noticed this in there a year ago mentioned to around ten staff and also emailed them they said they would sort it but nothing came of it lol they have bond-it around £50 it will cover about 5m or something silly on the chart no wonder the same tub has been there for. Year

block and quayle is great. i love it. it's like my sweet shop. love going there. they sell the gear as a loss leader but the little things - the drywalls, tape, washers, beads - are expensive. you're best getting online in bulk. some really sexy staff (women) on at mine, quite flirty and that. i try to act quite blase. lost it there a week or two ago over the cost of plastering sand (bags) and have avoided since. wickes is selling all BG at same price now. might go back tomorrow. find i go in there to get a few bags and then before i know it it's about half nine and i'm in the tool section and it's about half nine ... i need to stop procrastinating ..

Yep noticed this in there a year ago mentioned to around ten staff and also emailed them they said they would sort it but nothing came of it lol they have bond-it around £50 it will cover about 5m or something silly on the chart no wonder the same tub has been there for. Year
Lol ye it was same 2.75 metres for 50 quid

No two coats thinking about it to be exact it was bout 23 metres but I don't see the issue nice thick first layer then lay on wi rest of it
Round about 20 sounds better, 27 just seemed a hell of a lot for 2 bags. I do tend to put 2 decent coats on though, find the finish better.

The bags must be bigger in Yorkshire Cassie nobody else seems to agree with us

you get near enough 4 x 8x4 boards with a big, call a board 3m2...= 12m2 per bag... so 24m2 = 2 bags, i;d take 3 bags for that job, may need a bit out of the third bag... and remember up here we can lift a lot more than the southerners.... lol... BG will make the southern bags a bit smaller to allow the southerners to be able to lift them..lol.... that should boost my post count hey..lmao...

You need 9 bags so that you're law of averages is high enough to get the 2 bags you need which wont be split............its simple BG economics if your on the mine tour it will be explained in more details as its a complex euclidean algorithm.............hope this helps..................:RpS_thumbup:

you get near enough 4 x 8x4 boards with a big, call a board 3m2...= 12m2 per bag... so 24m2 = 2 bags, i;d take 3 bags for that job, may need a bit out of the third bag... and remember up here we can lift a lot more than the southerners.... lol... BG will make the southern bags a bit smaller to allow the southerners to be able to lift them..lol.... that should boost my post count hey..lmao...
next you'll be telling us your cheese toasties are bigger up north too, :RpS_laugh:

White book says 1 bag of finish should do 3plasterboards that's the way I work out my jobs it's worked for 30 odd years

remember the finish years back was stated at 3mm ( white book ) for some reason its now 2mm... not that anyones measuring it..lol.... everyone takes an extra back up bag tho..

remember the finish years back was stated at 3mm ( white book ) for some reason its now 2mm... not that anyones measuring it..lol.... everyone takes an extra back up bag tho..

Mesh beads too! Hate them but some still use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.