B and q trade counter - beware!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelly

Private Member
Was in b and q this morning and they have rebuilt the trade entrance, nothing new maybe.

got to the till behind this lad, and till bird was telling him he had to sign up to their trade card now as anyone without one was banned from useing the trade tills.

he said "so as from next week I cant buy a bag of cement without a card?" I shouted, no as of from now, f*ck them off and use wickes mate.

Till bird frownd at me.

My turn at till ....who started this shlt then? she replied - the MD

Whos he then? - no answer.....would you like a card sir?.......no its the last time I come to this shlt company!

Be aware B&Q are offering some arsey discount maybe 5% to get a card, all that will happen is the tax man can trace ALL your spending on materials through this card, you might save 55 but end up paying twice the tax.

Boycot B&Q now... mark my words.

My mates ridiculed me a few years ago when I said there would be house price crash, huge unemployment and a recesion.................who was correct????

irish_spread said:
the more u spend on material, the less ur profit in ur profit/loss a/c ;)

if you're buying gear by the pallet load fair enough. if you're just getting a couple of bags of multi whats a quid here and there?

Pug said:
irish_spread said:
the more u spend on material, the less ur profit in ur profit/loss a/c ;)

if you're buying gear by the pallet load fair enough. if you're just getting a couple of bags of multi whats a quid here and there?

what i was saying was every penny u spend on material is taken directly off your
profit for the year. my profit after my TFA this year was 50p ;D

murplastering said:
theyve got some decent offers on if you sign up
LOL I was saying to my mate that people would get sucked in by that.

10% off a bag of plaster isnt fantastic when they find out every job you do and tax you acordingly is it?

Everytime I've been in B&Q they cost a bloody fortune!! They can keep their card, too much dollar for my likes!

i dont see the problem? all my kit is on account so its all logged? better that way u can claim more?

flynnyman said:
nelly said:
flynnyman said:
Yeh and it could be for your house ;)
Somehow I cant see them beleiveing your house took 1000 bags of gear

youve not seen how much i drop ;)

My new labourer drops a f*ckin unbelievable amount.

Oh that reminds me I meant to start a thread like this on screwfix forum. That should go down well as kingfisher own both screwfix and B & Q.

yarmouth b&q trade counter been pushing the trade cards for 18 months /the other tills are shut till later in the day they ave got self service tills :) as well so if they get narky i will start putting 20 bags multi on the self service counter ;D to be fair though if i buy 5 bags i get 15% off also got this months discount card 10% off so get multi for £3.40 i dont use accounts just try to get the best deal locally.if they did start insisting on a trade card i,d just go use dif supplier

ajplastering said:
why the hell do you use b & q / wicks - why not get account with building supplies company and negotiate to discounts?

I have not been to a builders yard for years i called in one a while back and they cant beat B&Q on price so dont bother and i cant be arsed negotiating with a builders yard it is pennies, a lot of people i know who use builders yards think they are getting a deal coz they have knocked them down but i dont think they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.