B and q closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The b n q closed by me they invested there money into building a homebase Argos and habitat all in to one...

One closed near me not long ago, I think kinfisher who own them are down on profits so must be consolidating....they say its due to the new generations having no interest in DIY and just getting a man in who probably uses a builders merchants....the same reason they shut a load of homebase stores last year.

Travis perkins own wickes (y)
They also own toolstation.....its all a closed shop just trading in loads of different names to make the consumer think there is healthy competion.

They also own toolstation.....its all a closed shop just trading in loads of different names to make the consumer think there is healthy competion.
Lol and forgot they also own the mybuilder website that mac is testing out.

they put in planning permission to close the colchester b and q extra and turn the store into sainsburys.
the council have turned it down as parking area to small for a supermarket.

I should have read the next post down .... Haha
Never mind glad you are thinking same as me ..
You could nip down load up ya van and drop it down to junction 26 on m1 for me..
Only if it's £5 or less a bag though.

Obviously I would chuck ya a couple of bags for your troubles.
:birra:

The one near me in Ashganistan is closing. they took over after Focus went belly up and in February its gonna be a B&M..................20% off at the minute and can't use your tradepoint card now

All down to online shopping this.
There not going bankrupt just need to focus on the online side of things and sell from the stores only what can't be bought without waiting or costs to much to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chancers and diyers will be in tears:crying:...
goodbye chancertmart:(.......

wickes will be mobbed nowo_O.....do wickes do trade card thing to make you feel special?
they used to.................now its called Red Pencil Prices.........................:whistle:

Wickes do a 10% off code for spending above £10 available to anyone. I only found out about it 8 months ago. Went to bnq couple of days ago to buy a few bits, hardly any tools in stock. Their jcb snips at a tenner ago minus trade point card discount are great cheapo snips

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 30 November 2015 17:34:54 GMT
To: ewrynn@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: Your December Trade Exclusive Discount is here
Reply-To: wickes@e.wickes.co.uk

Get 10% off when you spend £10 or more
If you are unable to see this email, please view online.

Offers
1x1.gif
Delivery
1x12.gif

FAQ
1x13.gif
Store Locator
1x14.gif
Contact Us

Hi Edward

Your December Trade Exclusive Discount is here. We're continuing our great offer from November, so you can still get 10% off when you spend ONLY £10.

All you need to do is print out your new voucher, or show it on your mobile phone at the checkout.

From your Wickes Team

Your Trade Exclusive Discount

Mr Edward Wrynn

10% off

throughout December when you
spend £10 or more in-store

trade_exclusive1.jpg_30.jpe

BarcodeByCode128

^Use your Trade Exclusive Discount as many times as you like this month. Print this out or show it on your phone in-store.

All down to online shopping this.
There not going bankrupt just need to focus on the online side of things and sell from the stores only what can't be bought without waiting or costs to much to ship.

Can you imagine buying something offline from B&Q without seeing it first. Most of their stuff in store is s**t anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.