average weekly wage?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

col

Hi, I'm new to the forum, so a big hi to everyone!
I'm a plasterer and have been out of the game for 10 years - I changed career and am now working as a team leader in a call centre

The thing is, i am considering coming back to plastering either as a sub contractor or setting up on my own
and advertising etc...

before i go and hand my notice in, i need some idea on realistic expectations for wages-how much could i expect to make per week at current rates?

any feedback appreciated - thanks

hello mate welcome.

in swindon working on peoples houses we charge £120-£150 a day depending on job etc.
but by the sounds of it alot more can be earned.

but if you follow that as a guide any more will be a bonus :)

Hello Col welcome to the forum,

wages really vary from week to week and depends whether you lightning fast or real slow.

£150 a day I think is a minimum really, and well top end the sky is the limit.

Danny

I used to work on sites all the time and worked for 2 of the major firms in manchester -10 years ago we got 1.20 for skimming boards - i used to make 350 a week then

i called a local plastering firm up today and they pay 2.50 for skimming - the guy reckened the spreads were on a grand a week
you'd have to chuck it on a fair bit to earn that i think - i'm sure at those prices i could earn 600 without killing myself

grand a week is about what you need to earn, any less and you lose the perks of being self employed.

even £600 is a nice earner,

I am sure you will earn more than the call center

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.