Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i've bn over to oz working m8 ! but i never did any s+c internally, it was all tape and join or " gyprocking " as they called it lol :RpS_lol: i did quite a bit of external work 2 m8 , it was render in a bag , mix it up with a whisk , smash it on and float it up( swirling they called it ) with a plastic float. lol ! it went on 1.5 mm thick lol we used to start at 6 and be finished by 1 . good times lol :RpS_cool:

I was in Sydney for a few weeks and called into a house I seen being plastered. I was chatting the plasterers who were telling me they only do inside and out with 1 coat sand and cement rubbed up and sponged, it was over brick and looked like a good finish. I told him we skim over sand and cement inside in Ireland, and always 2 coat work in and out. He said he heard that but said they wouldn't pay for it over there and that they have always did it that way. It did look good tho.

Ive worked in Perth ... all s&c internally followed by Lime putty for skimming .

Outside ive done Acrylic Texture coating, sand finish etc

Coving, ceiling fixing, gyping all sperate trades in the west.

if you wanna work yourself into a grave then head over ... 40oc heat aint nice smashin 80m2 of render a day each lol

Personally prefer it in the uk ... least i have energy after a days graft

Status
Not open for further replies.